So what's been happening here, then?
RSS feed and Email notifications
You can view a list of all of the updates to Tipshop here: 2003 2004 2005 2006
Friday 28 December 2007
A belated Merry Xmas, folks. This update has loads of maps, and two complete solutions for the same game!
- The kind-of-anonymous Stu transcribed a type-in hack for Hysteria.
- Fuzzix sent in tips for Great Escape, The.
- James Weatherley sent in a PDF containing a map and solution for On Reflection.
- Speaking of On Reflection, Lee Tonks also sent in his own complete solution (it's his game, after all!).
- Woody sent in POKEs for Pamela The Zombie Hunter. Thanks to Martijn van der Heide for passing them on.
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) sent in his maps for Championship Jet Ski Simulator, City Slicker, Crosswize, Dalek Attack, Gyroscope II and X-Out.
- Added maps for Astro 2008 , Atomix II: Hexagonia , Atomix , ATP Tour Simulator , Buggy Boy , Chase H.Q. II: Special Criminal Investigation , Chase H.Q. , Chevy Chase , Christmas Cracker , Combat School , Full Throttle II , Full Throttle , Operation Thunderbolt , Overlander , Pandemia , Summer Santa , Thrusta and WEC Le Mans.
- Added RZX Archive links for Astro 2008 , Biff and Full Throttle II.
Sunday 25 November 2007
Lots of maps this month - keep up the good work, folks!
- Archie Robins sent in POKEs for Monster Muncher and Road Frog.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in maps for Dick Tracy, Dominator,
Fernandez Must Die, Gutz, House Jack Built, The and
How to be a Hero.
- Juan Pablo López-Grao sent in a cheat for Light Corridor, The, originally
provided by author Zydro.
- Added RZX Archive links for A-Team, The , BeTiled! , Boulder Dash ,
Chevy Chase , Mutants , Sideral War and Thanos.
- Added maps for Astro 2008 , Bloodwych , Chip Run , Molecule Man ,
Survivor , Sweevo's Whirled , Sweevo's World , SWIV ,
Tai-Pan and Thanos.
Sunday 28 October 2007
I wasn't expecting to get this update out in time, but BST and insomnia fixed that!
- CASA has been updated again, so we now have solutions for Nemo's Island (Doreen Bardon);
House of Horrors (Jacob Gunness); Detective (Matt Barringer) and
Dildo, the Dark Lord, Get Me to the Church on Time!, Giant Killer and
Quest for the Holy Snail (all by Terri Sheehan). Thanks - as always - to
the Webmaster of CASA, Jacob Gunness, for allowing us to reproduce these.
- Archie Robins sent in a POKE for Deep, The.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) has been a busy chap - he sent in his new maps for
Forgotten Worlds, Huxley Pig, I, Ball, KGB Superspy,
King Tut's Treasure, Kung-Fu Master, Last Duel, Motorbike Madness,
Mystical and Skateboard Construction System
- Added RZX Archive links for 19 Part 1: Boot Camp , Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show,
Darius+ , Deviants , Dominator , Nick Faldo Plays the Open ,
P-47 Thunderbolt , Perico Delgado Maillot Amarillo , Tour 91 and
Train: Escape to Normandy, The.
- Added a map for Sokoban.
Sunday 30 September 2007
2 new SpecChums get welcomed to the world!
- In case anyone has noticed a distinct delay in my replies, it's possibly
something to do with the (6 week early) arrival of my own 2 new SpecChums -
Matthew Edward Sweeney and Connor Adam Sweeney. Anyone fancy knitting a
Speccy-related blanket or similar? Or two?
- Archie Robins sent in new POKEs for Black Magic, Dynamite Dux, I.C.U.P.S.,
Last Mohican, Macadam Bumper, Night Shift and Tomahawk, as well
as corrections for assorted others.
- Richard Hern sent in an addition to his tips for Insector Hecti in the Interchange
which were first printed in Crash issue 93. That's only a gap of 16 years!
- Rob Livsey sent in some interesting hacks for Oracle's Cave, The.
- Skarpo sent in tips for Thor and tips/solution for Blip Blop, dedicated
to the memory of our good friend Viktor Drozd.
- The enigmatic Stu sent in an apparently never-before published cheat for Cabal.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in maps for Moto Cross Simulator , Mr. Heli ,
Nemesis the Warlock , Night Breed , Overkill and Psycho Soldier.
- Added RZX Archive links for 19 Part 1: Boot Camp, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show,
Perico Delgado Maillot Amarillo, Tour 91 and Train: Escape to Normandy, The.
- Added maps for Aaargh! , Fall Guy, The , Izzy Wizzy , Phantomasa 2 ,
Sootland , Strangeloop , Vampire's Empire ,
View to a Kill, A and Vindicator!.
Thursday 30 August 2007
Two updates in one month - you're spoiled! (No, you were late with the last one. Ed)
- Archie Robins corrected typos in the POKEs for Acrojet, Plotting, Xadom;
updated POKEs for Bobby Bearing, Eskimo Eddie, Super Cycle
and provided new POKEs for Blood & Guts, Disease Dodgers, Legend Of The Amazon Women,
Mig Busters, Road Blasters and Saigon Combat Unit.
- The enigmatic "Stu" sent in a hack for Justin
- Viktor Drozd had asked if anyone was looking for POKEs for a particular game, so I
put the offer on the WoS forums and CSS.. The first person to reply (with a doable request)
was MadMekon, asking for an extra POKE for Metropolis. Viktor obliged, and MadMekon himself
provided an update. The moral of this (long! Ed) story is that if you're stuck on a game which
currently hasn't been POKEd here on Tipshop, let me know!!
- Added a copy of the official clue sheets for Microfair Madness, courtesy of Gareth Pitchford.
I've not had time to transcribe the solution sheets yet - anyone fancy helping out? Thanks to Gareth
for allowing us to host the files, and to Martijn van der Heide for getting the permission in
the first place!
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) sent in his maps for Dr. Jackle and Mr. Wide,
Dynamite Dux and Gunfighter.
- Added maps for Hop 'n' Chop, Street Fighter and Super Dragon Slayer.
- Added RZX Archive links for Ano Gaia , Hunt for Red October, The - Based on the Movie ,
Nemesis the Warlock and Wizard of Land Oz.
Sunday 05 August 2007
A huge July (ahem! Ed) update in the form of massive amounts of tips, POKEs and maps - hurrah!
- A new Good Egg called Archie Robins has been in touch, providing POKEs for
Gift From The Gods, Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road Racer, Sky Ranger
and Starglider as well as a correction to an OCR-induced typo for the hack for
Peking. I look forward to seeing more of his work! (Subtle hint! Ed)
- Regular Good Egg Viktor Drozd sent in a truckload of POKEs for:
Adventurer, Alien, Another Brick on the Wall 2, Arachno Joe (minigame),
Battle Command, Blizzard's Rift, Brad Zotes, Bunker, Carmania,
Cashdash, Centipod, Chinese Juggler, The, Cosmic Shock Absorber,
Dead or Alive, Dizzy Lord, Double Dash, Feudal Overlord,
Frank the Flea, Friday the 13th, Galactic Mechanic, God Save The Punk,
Iron Sphere, Justin, Labyrinthion, League Challenge,
Lethargy: The Apathetic Dream, Live, Let Die, Manic Muslim,
MASK II, MASK, Mindstone, Mount Challenge, N.E.X.U.S.,
Nemesis the Warlock, Obliterator, Play Ball!, Pooyan,
Round The Bend!, Slaine, the Celtic Barbarian, Space Missile Command,
Spy Who Loved Me, The, Starfox, Sub Chase, Swat!, Toilet Truble,
Tranz Am, U.N. Squadron, Ugly Blaster, Warlock of Firetop Mountain, The
and Zblast SD as well as tips for Battle Command.
- John Elliott sent in POKEs for Mailstrom.
- Mike_Myers sent in POKEs for Great Escape, The.
- CASA has been updated, so we now have extra tips for Dark Lore and solutions for
Dark Lore, Dragon Slayer, Escape from Prison Planet and Transpo '95 (all
by Doreen Bardon); tips and solution for Great Peepingham Train Robbery, The
(by Doreen Bardon, La Woman and Terrir Sheehan); tips and solution for
Grimalkin 128K (by Terri Sheehan); solution for Slaine, the Celtic Barbarian
(by Viktor Drozd) and complete solution for Franklin's Tomb (by Walter Pooley).
- More RZX Archive goodies: Adventurer , Avenger , Cannon Bubble , Elvin the Elf ,
International Karate , Jet Set Willy: FTB ,
Jet Set Willy: Holy Shit!!! , Jet Set Willy: The Deadly Mission ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy's Holiday , Mandragore and Times Of Lore. Due to
reorganisation at The RZX Archive, the links have all been modified - thanks to Nick for
sorting that out!
- Added maps for Adventurer , Alien , Crozet , Cyrox , Elvin the Elf ,
Flash Gordon , Gunfright , H.A.R.D. , Hammerfist ,
Hawk Storm , Jumping Jack , Kane , Mailstrom ,
Mandragore , Penetrator , rEdIvIvUs , Rescate Atlantida ,
Tales Of The Arabian Nights , Underwurlde , Wheelie and Zhak.
Saturday 30 June 2007
Maps and RZX files galore this month! (and the update's on time! Ed)
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in his new maps for Erik: The Phantom Of The Opera,
Firefly, Future Knight, Gemini Wing, Light Force, Soldier Of Light,
Super Cars, Super G-Man and Transmuter.
- Adramelek sent in a cheat for Chuckie Egg 2.
- Chris Smith sent in a cheat for Cybex. He should know about it - he wrote the game, after all!
- Mike_Myers sent in some tips for Herbert's Dummy Run and updated his tips for Pyjamarama.
- The boys and girls at the RZX Archive have been busy.. Added new links for:
Bloody Paws , Cosmic Sheriff , Heartland ,
Jet Set Willy: Bizarre , Jet Set Willy: Fantasy World Willy ,
Jet Set Willy: J4 - The Fourth Remix , Jet Set Willy: Jet Cat Frosya ,
Jet Set Willy: Manic Mining Robot's Day Out ,
Jet Set Willy: Soul Miner , Jet Set Willy: The Continuing Adventures ,
Jet Set Willy: The Fucked Internet Trilogy ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy Comes Home ,
Jet Set Willy: ZX Willy the Bug Slayer , Liberator , Magnetron ,
Nosferatu the Vampyre , Subterranean Stryker , Super Pipeline II ,
Super Tetris , Tai Chi Tortoise , Tetris , Tetris ,
Zombi and Zulu Wars.
- Added maps for 007: Licence to Kill , 007: Live and Let Die ,
007: Living Daylights, The , Amoto's Puf ,
Jet Set Willy: Where's Woody? , Lancelot , North & South ,
Sex Tetris (What the..? Ed) , Slaine, the Celtic Barbarian , Tetris , Tetris and
Tres Luces de Glaurung, Las.
Tuesday 29 May 2007
May's update in May. Spook, eh?!
- Ladderman AKA Colin Attle sent in new maps for Galactic Gunners , Ku-Ku ,
Punk Star , Shark , Twin World and Zombie Zombie.
- CASA has been updated, with new tips and complete solution for Four Minutes To Midnight;
map for Robo-City (Jacob Gunness); complete solution for Manor of Doom, The (Juan Duc);
solutions for Challenge of Iythus, The, Dodo, Damn, Feuerfaust, Die, Fire Ruby, The, Fuseman,
Land Beyond Time, The as well as tips and solution for Robo-City (Terri Sheehan).
- The RZX Archive has been updated, with new walkthroughs for:
Aftermath , Begstvo na Harhan , Full Throttle ,
Human Torch and the Thing , Maze of Gold, 3D , Motos ,
North & South , Oriental Hero , Pit-Fighter , Punk Star ,
Twintris and Waxworks.
- The mysteriously named Stu sent in POKEs and a type-in for Jet Set Willy II: The Final Frontier.
- Added new maps for Aquasquad , Begstvo na Harhan , Corsarios ,
Dungeon Master, The , Hyper Sports , MASK II , MASK ,
Moving Target , Mystery of Ancient Castle , Satan , Smagly 2 and
Saturday 05 May 2007
April's update in, erm, May.. Oops!
- The mysteriously named Stu submitted corrections for Cybernoid, Dragon's Lair,
Star Wars. He also provided new hacks for Cannon Bubble, Dark Star and
- Colin Attle sent in maps for 007: Spy Who Loved Me, The , Great Fire of London, The ,
Ninja Warriors, The , Pitfall II: Lost Caverns , Riddler's Den and
- Roy Goodall sent in replacement POKEs for Wizball.
- Woody sent in POKEs for Blind Alley.
- Saso Tomat sent in a tip for Horace and the Spiders.
- Mike_Myers sent in a bug report for Back To Skool; a cheat for Tute;
POKEs for Dun Darach , Game Over and Jet Set Willy: Party Willy and
tips for Dun Darach , Horace Goes Skiing , Jet Set Willy: Party Willy and
- Added RZX Archive links for 007: Living Daylights, The , Armageddon , Butch - Hard Guy ,
Death Wish 3 , Dimension Omega , Explorer XXXI ,
Horace Goes Skiing , Hungry Horace , Hydrofool ,
Jet Set Willy: Party Willy , Mezi Vezemi , Mined-Out ,
Rebelstar , Slaine, the Celtic Barbarian , Sword Slayer and
- Added new maps for Android 1: The Reactor Run , Horace and the Spiders ,
Horace Goes Skiing , Hungry Horace , Iron Sphere ,
Mezi Vezemi , Obliterator , Ramparts , Sleep Walker ,
T.L.L. and Tranz Am.
Thursday 29 March 2007
Things are busy at home, but I've managed to get this update done in time - hurrah!
- Andy Spencer sent in a cheat for Mined Out.. Actually, he sent this in last month,
but I forgot to credit him on the updates page - sorry, Andy!!
- Matthew Pimm let me know that Crash misprinted two sets of tips for Rebelstar,
saying they were originally for Rebelstar Raiders and Legions of Death.
- The mysteriously named Stu sent in corrections for the Elite POKEs and type-in hacks
from YS Smash Tips, as well as POKEs for Giant's Revenge, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - The Coin-Op,
Tomahawk and TT Racer.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in his maps for Ano Gaia, Bosconian '87, Colony, Dark Fusion, Pro Power Boat Simulator, Pulse Warrior, Robozone, Rocman and Steel Eagle.
- Added some tips for Agent-X by Chubby Brown. Thanks to Martijn van der Heide
for forwarding this on.
- Marco A.G.Pinto sent in a POKE for Chuckie Egg.
- Added maps for Brian Bloodaxe , Defender of the Crown , Goody , Grey Island ,
Lords of Midnight, The , Lunar Jetman , Match Point ,
Mrs Mopp , Simulador Profesional de Tenis and Ugly Blaster.
- Added RZX Archive links for 48 Irons , Arkos , Captain Blood , Goody ,
Granny's Garden , Henrietta's Book of Spells ,
Hooray for Henrietta , Inside Outing ,
Jet Set Willy: Goodnite Luddite , Jungle Warfare , Pitman Seven ,
Shadowfire , Speedboat Assassin , Sweevo's Whirled ,
Sweevo's World , Tau Ceti - The Special Edition ,
Total Eclipse 2: The Sphinx Jinx and Zhak.
Tuesday 27 February 2007
Some very busy SpecChums makes for a splendid update this month!
- Viktor Drozd has apparently been skipping on sleeping and eating, as he's sent in a truckload of stuff..
Cheats for Jet Bike Simulator; POKEs for Amaurote , Aspar GP Master , Bubble Run , Carlos Sainz ,
Ciudadela , Classic Punter , Doctor What! , Drunk Dizzy , Dyslexia Beater ,
Elvin the Elf , Enduro Racer , Enterprise , Explorador, El , Exterminator ,
Farmer Jack in Harvest Havoc , Fizzy Wizzy , Flea Adventure , Gamex ,
Gerry The Germ , Gloop , Gonuffos , Grumpy Gumphrey Supersleuth , Hiperynto ,
Hormiguero Maldito , King Tut's Treasure , Krakout , Laser Squad , Micro Bowl ,
Moscas , Mountain Bike 500 , Mountain Bike Racer , Mountain Bike Racer ,
Nanako in Classic Japanese Monster Castle , Operation Hormuz , Oriental Games ,
Phantomasa in the Land of the Grunge Wizards , Pink Panther , Rakattak ,
Randax , Rasputin , Realm of Impossibility , Rebelstar 2 , Rebelstar ,
Redhawk , Rogue , Room Ten , Run Bill Run , Shibenitsa , Sliders ,
Snowstrike , Soccer Supremo , Stalker , Star Inheritance: Black Cobra ,
Stranded , Swords of Bane , Take , Tank Assault , Tapon , Telefony ,
Telly Wise , Terry's Travels , Time Trax , Tiro de Pichon , Trivia: The Ultimate Quest ,
Vectron and Vikings, The. Phew!
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in his maps for 720 Degrees , Alien Evolution , American Turbo King ,
Assassin , Battle Valley , Contact Sam Cruise , Cybex ,
Netherworld , New Zealand Story, The , Operation Gunship ,
Techno-Cop and Vatman.
- CASA has been updated with complete solutions for All In a Day's Work , Anhk Morpork , Booze Up , Captain Kook ,
Castle Thade , Caves of Skull, The , Curse of the Serpent's Eye ,
Death Reprieve , Desperado , Dining , Final Battle, The ,
Krazy Kartoonist Kaper, The , Morgan's Seal , Necronomycon, The ,
Toddler Trouble and Why is the World Round Anyway ...?; and tips for All In a Day's Work , Anhk Morpork , Booze Up , Captain Kook.
- Added spoilers and maps for Jet Set Willy: Jet Set Emily: Baby on the Go and Jet Set Willy: Willy's Hoard
by Daniel Gromann. Thanks to Martijn van der Heide for sending these on.
- Andy Spencer sent in a cheat for Mined-Out.
- Mike_Myers sent in POKEs for 1942 , Exolon , Xevious , Zynaps and Zythum; as well as tips for
Exolon and Travel with Trashman.
- Added RZX Archive links for Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge , Jet Set Willy: Dup Moor en T' Panat ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy to the Rescue! and Munsters, The.
- Added maps for Barbarian II: The Dungeon of Drax , Daley Thompson's Decathlon ,
Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge , Daley Thompson's Supertest , Dragontorc ,
Emilio Butragueno Futbol , Emlyn Hughes International Soccer , H.A.T.E. ,
Jet Set Willy: Mind Control , Jet Set Willy: Strangel , Laser Squad ,
Lords of Chaos , Mortadelo y Filemon II , Plotting , Red Heat ,
Space Crusade and Stalker.
Wednesday 31 January 2007
2 updates in a month? Surely not? (Yep - and don't call me Shirley. Ed)
Monday 08 January 2007
A little belated, but.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- This is a reasonably small update, but it feels like I've been working on it for ages...
- The search script has been modified. Any search phrase which is 3 or less characters will result in an exact match search.
Thanks to Eq for the suggestion, and Nick for doing it (about 5 minutes after I asked!)...
- Updated loads of game names and associated map links to match changes at WoS.
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) sent in his maps for Deadly Evil, Dream Warrior, Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters, E-SWAT, Final Fight, Flak, Gunboat, Maze Mania, Miami Vice, Mission Elevator, S.A.S. Combat Simulator, Samurai Warrior, Skate Crazy, Super Chopper, Trap Door, The, Tube, The, Turbo Boat Simulator and Xevious
- Eq sent in tips for Ball Breaker.
- A kind soul sent in POKEs for Day In The Life, A and a note of Velesoft's POKEs for Fire and Ice and Viktor Drozd's POKEs for Colony.
- Mike_Myers has been a very busy chap - he sent in tips & cheats for Manic Miner - 2000, Manic Miner 2, Manic Miner 3: Tales from a Parallel Universe, Manic Miner 4, Manic Miner 5: Los Peligros del LSD, Manic Miner 6: The Buddha of Suburbia and Manic Miner 7; and a solution and tips for Manic Miner #2 , Manic Miner 2 ,
Manic Miner 3: Tales from a Parallel Universe , Manic Miner 4 ,
Manic Miner 5: Los Peligros del LSD , Monty on the Run , Pheenix ,
Terror-Daktil 4D and Three Weeks In Paradise. He also sent in a POKE for the Spanish re-release of Chequered Flag which I did for the English version.
- Marco A.G.Pinto sent in a POKE for Aquarius.
- Added RZX Archive links for Deja Vu: The Remix,
Jet Set Willy: Escape of the Snails ,
Jet Set Willy: Jet Set Emily: Baby on the Go ,
Jet Set Willy: Jet Set Willy in Paris , Jet Set Willy: Stupid ,
Jet Set Willy: The Sun Is No Longer Producing Heat ,
Jet Set Willy: We Pretty , Jet Set Willy: Where's Woody? ,
Pole Position and Thunderbirds.
If you would like to be kept informed of any future updates, send us an email