So what's been happening here, then?
RSS feed and Email notifications
You can view a list of all of the updates to Tipshop here: 2003 2004 2005 2006
Thursday 30 November 2006
A big HAPPY 11 BIRTHDAY to WoS... Oh, and a big batch of tips as well :-)
- HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY, WOS... Thanks for all of the help, support, and just downright
SpecChuminess shown by Martijn van der Heide and the rest of the WoS team!
- Way back in the mists of time (well, April-ish. Ed), Daniel Thorlby contacted me asking
if I could find a POKE for Vulcan. Not having the slightest clue how to play this game, I
asked for some before/after snapshots. After a few goes, I sent him a couple of POKEs, along
with a brief explanation of how I found them. Daniel - it seems - doesn't do things by halves,
as he proceeded to annihilate the game with umpteen POKEs which I suggested he send to ZX Shed.
Many months (and a ZX Shed issue 3 later), I can now reproduce them here on Tipshop. As a bonus,
Daniel also took a scalpel to Desert Rats.
- Another person who sent in stuff to ZX Shed is Viktor Drozd in the form of POKEs for
Akerico, Bloodwych, Boulder Dash 2: Rockford's Riot, Boulder Dash 3,
Boulder Dash, Crime Santa Clause: Deja Vu and Egghead 4: Egghead Entertains.
- I (finally!!) updated the How to use POKEs guide. Thanks to Paul E. Collins for sending in screenshots.
- Marco A.G. Pinto sent in a POKE for High Noon.
- Mike_Myers sent in another batch of goodies - tips for Starquake, a bug report for
Donkey Kong, POKEs and a guide to using the built-in cheat for Jet Set Willy, and
complete solutions for Great Escape, The , Pajaros de Bangkok, Los and Saboteur.
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) sent in his maps for Guerrilla War, Qarx, Running Man, The, Taffy Turner, Terra Cognita, Wild Streets, Witchfiend, Wombles, The, Xecutor, Zamonarr, Zone Trooper and Zythum
- John Elliott noticed that the solution we had for Cursed Be The City was corrupted, so sent in his own.
- Added new RZX Archive entries for BC Bill , Captain Planet , Chequered Flag , Crazy Cars ,
Exploding Fist + , Friday the 13th , Gary Lineker's Hot-Shot! ,
Italy 1990 , Jet Set Willy: (again) , Jet Set Willy: Ivy ,
Kick Off , Knight Force , Pajaros de Bangkok, Los , Pheenix ,
Shanghai Karate , Steel Eagle , Tales Of The Arabian Nights ,
Thrusta , Whole New Ball Game, A , Wild Streets and Zzoom.
- Added maps for Cyberun (Matthew Carrier); BMX Freestyle, BMX Simulator, Legend of the Amazon Women and Professional BMX Simulator (Pavel Plíva) and Confused (Skarpo).
Sunday 29 October 2006
DOH! I missed the update last month, as I was on holiday (Florida, which was splendid)... I've also been busy helping out with some things at WoS, so decided to just merge the missed update with this one.
- Thanks to some absolutely sterling work between Nick Humphries and Martijn van der Heide, Tipshop's database is now synched with the WoS database. This should mean any name/publisher changes on WoS will be applied to Tipshop a lot faster - I previously had to do it manually. It should also mean less false hits from links to/from WoS.
- I updated the map links for games with roman numerals (II, III etc) to reflect the changes made at WoS.
- It was requested, so I found an extra POKE for Wheelie.
- Mike_Myers has been a busy chap - he sent in a bug-report for Digger Dan, cheats for Bounty Bob Strikes Back and Saboteur 2: Avenging Angel, POKEs for Gunfright, complete solutions for Gremlins - The Adventure, Saboteur 2: Avenging Angel and Yenght and tips for Yenght.
- Viktor Drozd sent in a correction to one of the POKEs for Dragon Ninja, as well as new POKEs for Mike Read's Pop Quiz, Red Sphere, The, Slaine, the Celtic Barbarian and Yie Ar Kung Fu 2.
- Marco A.G. Pinto sent me a preview of his new Life Shield utility, and sent in the results of some test runs - POKEs for Contact Sam Cruise, Cyberun, Robot Messiah and Sex Crime.
- Badbeard made a walkthrough for Movie... Thanks to Philip Bee for forwarding this onto us.
- Robert J. Baker sent in a hack for Tomb of Dracula, The; POKEs for Thunderbirds and tips for Henry's Hoard.
- Martin Suman sent in POKEs for Tetris 2.
- An anoymous source sent in a couple of tips (and sources) for Advanced Art Studio and Rasputin.
- CASA was updated a while ago, so I've added complete solutions for Behind the Lines (Terri Sheehan, Doreen Bardon) and Apprentice, The (Wibble and Blim).
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) has been a busy boy, and sent in his maps for: Bounty Hunter, The, Falcon the Renegade Lord, Fighting Warrior, Gunpowder, Treason, Plot, Howard the Duck, Jaws, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Rasterscan, Rocket Man Mike and Subterranean Stryker.
- Drew Turpin sent scans of Melbourne House's hint sheets for Sherlock.
- Geoff Owen sent in tips for Spellbound.
- The RZX chappies and chapesses(?) have been as busy as ever - added new RZX links for: Casanova , Cobra's Arc , Defcom 1 , Digger Dan ,
Don Quijote , Donkey Kong , Goonies, The , Jet Set Willy 1-1 ,
Jet Set Willy 128K , Jet Set Willy 3 , Jet Set Willy 64 ,
Jet Set Willy 64: Dragon - Manic Miner , Jet Set Willy 64: Dragon ,
Jet Set Willy 64: Manic Miner ,
Jet Set Willy: Jet-Set Willy in Space ,
Jet Set Willy: Join the Jet-Set , Jet Set Willy: Lena vs. Margo ,
Jet Set Willy: Lord of the Rings , Jet Set Willy: Maria on Tour ,
Jet Set Willy: Maria's Revenge , Jet Set Willy: Mind Control ,
Jet Set Willy: Monstrum! , Jet Set Willy: Spaceman Willy ,
Jet Set Willy: Spectrum Computing , Jet Set Willy: The Colossal Cave ,
Jet Set Willy: The DrUnKeN mAsTeR: SE ,
Jet Set Willy: The Utility Cubicles ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy on a Transatlantic Cruise ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy vs. the Vampire Lord ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy's Afterlife , Jet Set Willy: Willy's Flashback ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy's New Hat , Livingstone Supongo 2 ,
Match Day , Michel Futbol Master , Moon Cresta , Movie ,
Olli & Lissa 2: Halloween , Orc Attack , Panic ,
Phantomas Saga: Infinity , Potty Pigeon , Rescate en el Golfo ,
Sheer Panic , Tute , West Bank and Yenght.
- Added maps for Switchblade (Graham Goring); Egghead 4: Egghead Entertains (Jim Waterman); Action Force, Astro Marine Corps, Dragon Ninja, Druid 2: Enlightenment, Duet, Exploding Fist +, Fist 2: The Legend Continues, Goonies, The, IK+, International Karate, Olli & Lissa 2: Halloween, Olli & Lissa 3: The Candlelight Adventure, Predator 2, Predator, Raid Over Moscow, Rock 'n Roller, Turrican 2, West Bank and Yie Ar Kung Fu 2 (Pavel Plíva)
Sunday 27 August 2006
A funky new RSS feed as well as maps and POKEs galore in this month's update!
- Marco A.G.Pinto let us know about a typo in the level codes in some of the tips for Wheelie.
- Colin Attle AKA Ladderman has been VERY busy mapping. He's sent in his 18 maps for:
Bigfoot , Bionic Ninja , Captain Planet ,
Casanova , Cobra Force ,
Cowboy Kidz , Crack Down , Death Stalker ,
F1 Tornado Simulator , Galivan - Cosmo Police , Hobgoblin ,
Iron Soldier , Lee Enfield Space Ace , Level 5 , Little Al ,
Metro-Cross , Shadow Dancer and Super Ted: The Search for Spot.
- Another busy chap is Viktor Drozd, who sent in POKEs for:
Arcade Trivia Quiz, Area 51, Chip, Clerky, Clive in Exile, Dizzy: Return to the Magicland, Fantastic Mister Fruity, The, FBI-13!, Frost Byte, Hamon IV, Hero Quest: Return of the Witch Lord, Higgledy Piggledy, Indiana Jones, the Fate of Atlantis, King Tut's Treasure, Komplex, Loco Bingo, Loopz, Master, Servant, Nifty Lifty, Olli & Lissa 2: Halloween, Olli & Lissa 3: The Candlelight Adventure, Ragnablock, Riptoff, Rookie, Stay Kool, Street Fighter 2, Three Weeks In Paradise and War Machine
- Ivan Sanchez Jorda sent in a cheat for Wells 'n' Fargo.
- Woody sent in a POKE for Ragnablock.
- Julio Molina, Rafael Molina sent in POKEs for Pulga, La.
- Robert Baker sent in tips for Denizen and maps for Prize, The.
- Drew Turpin sent in a scan of a hint sheet for Sherlock.
If I get the time, I'll OCR this sheet. Maybe for next month, eh?
- Added maps for Arkanoid 2: Revenge Of Doh (Fernando Alonso); Great Escape, The
(Myrck, Pavel Plíva); Druid and New Dizzy (Pavel Plíva); Dizzy: Return to the Magicland
and War Machine (Viktor Drozd); Koronis Rift (Tomas Hamarcak). Also added a scanned map from Rally Driver (scanned by Andy Barker).
- Added RZX links to: Dizzy 'A' , Dizzy 'B': Treasure Island ,
Dizzy: Return to the Magicland , International Ninja Rabbits ,
Manic Miner #2 , Manic Miner: Ma Jolie ,
Manic Miner: Neighbours - Allana Truman , Manic Miner: The Hobbit ,
Sabrina , Sword of the Samurai and Whopper Chase.
Friday 28 July 2006
Lots of maps among the other cool stuff.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in his maps for Bestial Warrior, Blade Warrior, Jetsons, The, Scuba Dive, Shinobi, Sideral War, Sky High Stuntman, Stay Kool, Sword of the Samurai, Talos, Tomb Of Syrinx and Zaxxon
- Branko Ferk sent in more POKEs for Formula One.
- Mestor sent in a cheat for River Rescue.
- Mike Myers sent in POKEs for Abu Simbel Profanation, Death Wish 3,
Phantomas 2 as well as tips for Manic Miner and Pyjamarama. He also
sent in a cheat for Abu Simbel Profanation from Micromania issue 6.
- Added maps for Hero Quest: Return of the Witch Lord, Indiana Jones, the Fate of Atlantis, Rastan (Pavel Plíva)
and Moonlight Madness (Viktor Drozd).
- Added RZX Archive links for F1 Tornado Simulator , Jet Set Willy: Willy's Hoard ,
Manic Miner - 2000 , Manic Miner 4 , Manic Scribbler ,
Q10 Tankbuster , Quadrax and Xadom.
Friday 30 June 2006
This update nearly didn't happen because of the amount of stuff I have to do at work.
I hope it's enough to keep you going. Hopefully normality will be restored next month?!
- Nick found that the webmail form had a problem, and the mail was getting stuck.
Normal service should be resumed now, also courtesy of Nick. So apologies if anyone
thought they were being ignored. Among the backlogged emails were:
- Paul E Collins sent in some updated information for the POKEs for Jet Set Willy 2: The Final Frontier.
- David Shute sent in some tips for Everyone's a Wally.
- Shaun Bebbington sent in some tips for Chase HQ and Rough Justice.
- Branko Ferk sent in POKEs for Formula One.
- Added a complete solution for Re-Evolucion, by Daniel Castrillón. Many thank to
Juan Pablo López-Grao for forwarding it onto us.
- David Shute sent in some tips for Everyone's A Wally.
- Added new links for RZX files for Academy , Black Magic , Columns , Dick Tracy ,
Edd the Duck , E-SWAT , Moggy , Mortadelo y Filemon 2: La Ira del Super , Ole, Toro ,
Tres Luces de Glaurung, Las and Turbo Boat Simulator.
- Added new maps for 4 Soccer Simulators , Advanced Pinball Simulator , Cop-Out ,
England-Adventure , Postman Pat 3: To the Rescue , Pyracurse ,
Riptoff , Rockfall 2 and Rockfall.
Saturday 27 May 2006
A fairly quiet month compared to the last few updates. It's all still good, though.
- CASA has been updated, so we now have solutions for Pilgrim's Progress (Alastair S.);
King, Parole, Pre-history and Tinderbox (Doreen Bardon); Magus (Terri Sheehan);
England-Adventure (Wilko Schröter) as well as tips for Tinderbox (Doreen Bardon) and a
map for Mechanic Harry (Alastair S).
- Added maps for Greyfell , Gryzor , Italia '90 - World Cup Soccer ,
Jet Set Willy: Willy's New Mansion , Midnight Resistance , Mountain Bike Racer ,
Munsters, The , Number 6 in the Village , Punch & Judy , Shadow of the Beast ,
Shadow Skimmer , Sim City and Xenon.
- Added links to some more RZX files for Black Raven 1 , Carrier Command , Doomdark's Revenge and
Gauntlet, courtesy of the RZX Archive .
Friday 28 April 2006
Less of a major update this month, compared to some of the others. Still a goodie, though!
- The folks at CASA have been busy. Added solutions and tips for:
Arlene , Gize , Mechanic Harry , Mutiny! , Tax Returns ,
Underworld - The Village and Urban.
- Added a POKE for Deathchase, 3D by Jon North.
- Added maps for: Darkman , Gauntlet 3: The Final Quest , Hero Quest ,
Magic Roundabout, The , Myla Di'Kaich , Pipe Mania and
Riding the Rapids.
- The RZX boys and girls have also been busy. We now have RZX links for:
Canyon Warrior , Danger Mouse in Double Trouble,
Egghead 4: Egghead Entertains , Gladiator ,
Jetsons, The , Pipe Mania , Run The Gauntlet , Thing! and
Valhalla. We also have video replays for assorted denied titles:
Afterburner , Alien 8 , Arc of Yesod, The , Atic Atac ,
Back To Skool , Bionic Commando , Commando , Cookie ,
Enduro Racer , Fantasy World Dizzy , Ghouls 'n' Ghosts ,
Jet Set Willy , Knight lore , L.E.D. Storm , Manic Miner ,
Nightshade , Pentagram , R-Type , Sabre Wulf ,
Skool Daze , Stop The Express , Tranz Am ,
Treasure Island Dizzy and Underwurlde (all hosted on Google Video).
Tuesday 28 March 2006
Lots of new POKEs and maps this month - AND the update is actually on time :-)
- Added C & VG as a listed source, and edited the tip displaying script to generate
hyperlinks to the original scans on WoS. Thanks to Martin Fowell for starting this
off by letting me know one of the maps for Sabre Wulf we had was from C & VG.
- Viktor Drozd is back, with a truckload of POKEs for Alien Insects,
Birds, the Bees, The, Blues Brothers, The, Bob's Full House,
Break-Away, Breakout, Confuzion, Crack It! Towers,
Craft Cruiser, Cred Breaks Out, Cubey, Dervish,
Deus ex Machina, Dragons of Flame, Frightmare, Guillermo Tell,
Kolobok Zoom 2: In The Unfair World, Kolobok, Mike Gunner,
Moonwalker, Muggins the Spaceman, Nosferatu the Vampyre,
Operation Red Refrigerator, Phantomas Saga: Infinity,
Postman Pat 3: To the Rescue, Pro Tennis Tour, Prva Akcia,
Quadrax, Rescue on Fractalus, Riding the Rapids, Robbo,
Ruffo's Dream, Solo, Space Smugglers, Sqij,
Strangers from Outer Space, Super Sports, Super Tank Simulator,
Tachyon Command, Taffy Turner, Target Plus, Tomb Of Syrinx,
Turbomania, Turtle Timewarp, Utok Bile Mysky, Vendetta,
Wiking, Wild Streets, William Wobbler, Witchfiend,
Wonky Chateau and Xor (PHEW!), as well as a tip for
- Added two POKEs by Jon North for Avalon and Dragontorc.
- Paul Equinox Collins sent in some tips for Action Farce 2.
- Colin Attle AKA Ladderman sent in his maps for Mutant Fortress,
Neighbours, Ninja Commando, Paperboy 2, Paperboy, Pieces of Eight,
Piggy, Plot, The, Prohibition and Psycho Hopper.
- The RZX Archive boys and girls have been busy again. Added links for
RZX recordings for Action Farce 2 , Barbarian 2: The Dungeon of Drax ,
BC's Quest for Tires , Blizzard Pass , Fourth Protocol, The ,
Frankie Goes To Hollywood , I, Ball ,
Jet Set Willy: Ultimate Manic Miner , Last Ninja 2 ,
Operation Thunderbolt , Prayer Of The Warrior, The ,
Son Of Blagger , Space Gun and SWIV.
- Added maps for Capitan Sevilla (Dr. Benway); Sigfrido (Pavel Plíva);
Athena, Blazing Thunder, Bug-Eyes, Ghostly Grange,
Glider Rider, Grange Hill, Humphrey, Pixy the Microdot
and Yabba Dabba Doo! (Victor Daulichen); Phantomas Saga: Infinity
Tuesday 28 February 2006
Lots of maps, and a fairly large modification to Tipshop this month
- I've now indexed every currently hosted tip/map from the
British Speccy magazines (Your Spectrum, Your Sinclair, Crash and Your
Spectrum), so that the page number the tip was originally printed
on is recorded. One of the main results of this time-consuming, several months
long effort is that lots of entries have been corrected. As well as that,
however, is the rather useful feature where each tip will generate a hyperlink to
a scanned copy of the original magazine page so you can see how it originally
looked. I hope this addition proves useful. My thanks, as ever, go to Jim Grimwood for
his invaluable SPOT database, without which this would not have been even vaguely
possible, and to Martijn van der Heide for permitting Tipshop to link to the
original scanned images. Incidentally, if you notice any broken/weird links,
please let me know :-)
- Colin Attle has been a busy chap, sending in his maps for
Altered Beast, Android 2, Flying Shark, Hong Kong Phooey,
Misterio del Nilo, El, Pac-Mania, Reaper, Road Runner, Rygar,
Saracen, Shuriken, Tutankhamun, Vigilante and Xarax. Good man!
- The RZX Archive boys (no girls?) have also been busy. I've added links to
RZX walkthroughs for Adventures of Sid Spider, The , Breakthru , Desolator ,
Elite , Fast 'N' Furious , Jungle Warrior , Metabolis ,
Metropolis , Misterio del Nilo, El , Periscope Up ,
Power Magic , Puzznic , Saigon Combat Unit , Shuriken ,
Sigfrido , Skull & Crossbones , Snake Pit , Specventure ,
Spooky Castle and Werewolves of London.
- Added maps for Nightshade (Alberto Otero); Last Vampire, The (Skarpo) and
Spooked (Viktor Drozd).
Thursday 02 February 2006
Lots of new stuff form part of a slightly late monthly update
- Yes, the monthly update is a tad late - I had my Engagement Party
and Birthday on the same weekend :-)
- Remember the big batch of new stuff I mentioned last update? Here it is:
Jim Grimwood has been an ASTOUNDINGLY Good Egg, by sending in loads
of type-in hacks and Multiface POKEs from various British Speccy mags
(YS, Crash, SU, Your Spectrum) which weren't listed on Tipshop.
There are far too many to list here, but suffice to say there's loads!
Absolutely amazing work - Jim will probably be found huddled in a
corner, quietly whimpering "DATA statements" to himself after typing
up that lot!
- Mark Szeliga Szolkowski sent in his maps and guides to levels 1-15 on Stranded.
He's not had time to do the rest, due to time/work contraints - anyone feel like
completing his hard work?
- Jim Langmead sent in the level codes for Moonlighter.
- Wilko Schröter sent in some POKEs for Columns.
- Ladderman (AKA Colin Attle) sent in his maps for: Blue Thunder, Kamikaze,
Kidnap, Night Hunter, Operation Wolf, Outlaw, Podder, Quartet,
Rogue Trooper and Spooky Castle.
- Added lots of new solutions, tips and maps reproduced (with permission,
of course!), from CASA. Maps: Africa Gardens ,
Cavern Chaos , Crystal Frog, The ,
Devil's Island , Escape from Malagar , Falls of Shalor, The ,
Galilee , Gold Stadt , Inner Lakes, The , Lost Dragon, The ,
Moon Magic 2: Sponge , Morgan's Seal , Mutant - The Quest ,
Mystery of Silver Mountain , Peneless , Rogue Comet and Witch Hunt...
Adventures In The Lost Valley , Dark Gladiator, The ,
Fabled Black Rose, The , Gold Stadt , Grabbed by the Ghoulies! ,
Hedda Strikes Again , Hero for Sorania, A ,
House of Lockerby, The , Nether Poppleton Treasure Hunt ,
Rogue Comet , Star Flaws , Ten Little Adventurers ,
Trouble With Trolls, Use Your Loaf , Who is Gordon Bennet? and
Tips: Diablo! , Hedda Strikes Again , Seven Parchments of Kandos, The ,
Use Your Loaf , Who is Gordon Bennet? and
Yellow Peril.... Thanks to Alastair S, Doreen Bardon, Dorothy Millard,
Sherwin Robb, Terri Sheehan and Wilko Schröter for their sterling work..
Thanks also to Jacob Gunness, Webmaster of CASA for allowing Tipshop to reproduce these
- Added maps for:
180 , Arkarum , Atic Atac , Avalon , Cauldron ,
Colin The Cleaner , Dragontorc , Fire and Ice ,
Give My Regards To Broad Street , Gremlins - The Adventure ,
Marauder , Operation Red Refrigerator , Rambo , Starquake ,
Super Sports , Super Tank Simulator , Switchblade and Tir na Nog.
- The good folks over at the RZX Archive have been as busy as ever completing
games... I've added links to RZX walkthroughs for:
Advanced Lawnmower Simulator , Ah Diddums , Bear Bovver ,
Betukereso , Boovie , Dan Dare 2: Mekon's Revenge , Deja Vu ,
Gift From The Gods , Kiskutyus (Puppy) , Legend of Kage ,
Mag Max , Milk Race , Mr. Wong's Loopy Laundry ,
Mutant Monty And The Temple Of Doom , Mutant Monty ,
Operation Red Refrigerator , Parosjatek , Prohibition ,
Rentakill Rita , Sliders , Sudoku , Super Trolley ,
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - The Coin-Op , Toobin' , Turmoil ,
Typhoon , Ultracop , Wacky Races , Witch's Cauldron ,
World Cup Carnival , World Cup Football and Yogi's Great Escape.
If you would like to be kept informed of any future updates, send us an email