So what's been happening here, then?
If you wish to be notified whenever there's an update to this site, send us an email.
You can view a list of all of the updates to Tipshop here: 2003 2004 2005
Saturday 31 December 2005
The last update of 2005. I was hoping to get more included in this one, as I have an
absolutely cracking load of stuff pending, but I couldn't get it finished in time. Hopefully
next month, eh? My thanks to everyone who helped The Tipshop over the last year - here's
to looking forward to more of the same in 2006. Hurrah!
- I've modified the way the hyperlinks in tip submitters is handled, so hopefully it
should be a bit more consistent. Let me know if you spot any odd ones, though :-)
- Updated all of the links to RZX Archive, to reflect the changes made there. Well, that
is to say, the ever-talented Nick wrote a script to batch process the links :-)
- Found Wizard, The was a crack of Cavelon so amended the POKEs accordingly.
- Alessandro Grussu answered a plea for HAYLP with his tips for Wizball.
- The mysterious Doctor Icemann sent in tips for Pharaoh's Tomb, The.
- Julian D. A. Wiseman sent in a link to his walkthrough for Jet Set Willy 2: The Final Frontier.
- Viktor Drozd sent in his POKEs and corrections for Barbarian 2: The Dungeon of Drax,
Centurions, DJ Puff's Volcanic Caper, Dogsbody, Drakkar, Dynamite Dux,
Hunt for Red October, The - Based on the Movie, Indiana Jones, the Last Crusade,
Indiana Jones, the Temple of Doom, Jaws, Leprekon, Phantom Club,
Poli Diaz, Prince of Persia, Psytraxx, Titanic, Vega Solaris
- Some more CASA stuff: Tips and a complete solution for Peneless (Alastair, Doreen Bardon,Terri Sheehan);
solutions for Death Bringer and Soupcon of Trouble, A (Doreen Bardon) and
Settlement XIII (Sharon Harwood). Thanks, as always to these helpful individuals and
(of course!) to Jacob Gunness for allowing Tipshop to reproduce these tips.
- Colin Attle (AKA Ladderman) sent in his maps for Anfractuos, Cavemania,
Chiron, Deactivators, Downtown, Grumpy Gumphrey Supersleuth,
Heist 2012, Henry's Hoard, Mermaid Madness, Mr. Weems And The She Vampires,
Realm of Impossibility and Rebel.
- The good folk at the RZX Archive have been busy. Added new RZX downloads for:
Aknadach , Auto Concentration , Bumpy , Caesar the Cat ,
Colin The Cleaner , Dan Dare 3: The Escape , Deactivators ,
Frank Bruno's Boxing , Hajoverseny , Jmeno Ruze , Malom, 3D ,
Mario Islands , Matrix , Mirror , Monty Is Innocent ,
Noma Della Rosa, Il , Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo ,
Sest Ran do Klobouku , Sokoban , Top Cat in Beverly Hills Cats ,
Turrican , Vendetta and Zybex.
- Added maps for Auto Concentration , Chuckie Egg , Flintstones, The ,
Impossamole, Lost Caves , Metropolis , Noma Della Rosa, Il , Paws ,
Sest Ran do Klobouku , Turrican and Vendetta.
Wednesday 30 November 2005
Another massive update including 185 new adventure game solutions/tips(!!!) amongst other things!
- A bit of non speccy-related news - I got engaged to my luvverly girlfriend, Jo Doran. Hurrah!
- I FINALLY managed to restart the project I started ages ago of reproducing all of the Speccy
complete solutions from Jacob Gunness' CASA website (www.solutionarchive.com). My sincere thanks
go to him for allowing Tipshop to do this.... The solutions were originally in several different formats
and I've used a variety of methods to convert them. Hopefully they should be OK, but let me know
if you find any mistakes. In order to try to give credit where it's due, I've listed the solutions here by
order of Tipster... Hope it makes sense? (apologies for the layout - I couldn't think how else to do it!).
There are also some maps, but they'll have to wait till the next update :-)
- A. Harrison, G. Quinn - Solutions: Murphy's Murder Hunt ...
- Alex Cattaneo - Solutions: There's a Bomb Under Parliament ...
- Alex Dijkstra - Solutions: Corya the Warrior Sage ...
- Andrew Edney - Solutions: Return of the Holy Joystick, The ...
- Doreen Bardon - Solutions: Crystals of Kings, Jewel of Power, The, Key - Adventure, The, Lost Dragon, The,
Mummy's Crypt, The and Ring of Inger, The ...
- Doreen Bardon, Terri Sheehan - Solutions: Falls of Shalor, The, Kidnapping of Professor Mundle, The ...
- Dorothy Millard - Solutions: Corya the Warrior Sage and Zut Alors! ...
- Duncan Cross - Solutions: Gerbil Riot of '67, The ...
- Gregory Quinn, Andrew Harrison - Solutions: Hexagonal Museum, The ...
- Ian - Solutions: Prisoner No.6 ...
- Jacob Gunness - Solutions: Cup, The, Mutant - The Quest and Myth ...
- Kim Stevens - Solutions: Galilee ...
- R. E. Smith - Solutions: Time Traveller ...
- Rene van Hasselaar, Dennis Janssen and Marco van Slageren - Solutions: Castlemaze Adventure and Underground Adventure ...
- Sherwin Robb - Solutions: Aztec Assault, Bermuda Triangle, The, Castle Adventure, Celtic Carnage and Violator of Voodoo, The ...
- Stefano Lorenzin - Solutions: Extricator, The ...
- Terri Sheehan - Partial solutions: Globe, The and Limehouse Mystery, The.
Solutions: Alstrad, Amulet, The, Anamagon's Temple, The, Assassin's Guild, The, Aurascope, Bardic Rites, The, Base, Beginning of the End, Behind Closed Doors 4: Balrog's Day Out, Behold Atlantis, Brian, the Dishonest Politician, Calling, The, Castle Warlock, Citadel, The, Curse of Calutha, Davy Jones Locker, Day in the Life of a Tupperware Salesman, A, Demon Lord, Desert Island, Diarmid, Dogboy, The, Dungeon of Torgar, The, Dungeon Romp, A, Dungeons of Maldread, The, Eclipse, Emerald Elf, Enchanted Cottage, The, End is Nigh, The, Era of Enchantment, Final Demand, The, First Past the Post, Fisher King, The, Fistful of Blood Capsules, A, Fistful of Necronomicons, A, Four Symbols, The, Future Zoo, Golden Figures Of Death, Golden Pyramid, The, Golden Rose, The, Goldwood, Grimwold's Big Adventure, Here be Tygers, Hermitage, The, Hide, Seek, Impact, Into the Mystic, Islands of Sinbad, The, Jester's Jaunt, Jewels of Honour, The, Khangrin Plans, The, Knight Life, Last Believer, The, Leopard Lord, Leopold the Minstrel, Loose Ends, Lost Children, The, Lost Gnomes, The, Lost Orb, The, Lost Temple, The, Lost Twilight, The, Lycanthropy, Mansion Quest, The, Marooned, Menagerie, The, Merlock the Mede, Merlock the Mede, Microfair Madness, Midsummer Days Dream, A, Murder - He Said, Norman's Lament, Number 6 in the Village, Operation Nightingale, Orb Quest, Out of the Limelight, Perseus, Plagues of Egypt, Polearn, Prelude, Prisoner No.6, Prospector, The, Ptarmigan, Radiomania, Raiders of the Lost Tomb, Robin Hood, Robyn Hode, Sealed City, The, Search for Smok, The, Search for Smok, The, Search for the Nether Regions, Serendipity, Silverwolf, Space Detective 2: Home Run, Space Detective, Spectre of Castle Coris, Star Crystal, Talisman of Lost Souls, Teacher Trouble, Theme Park U.S.A., Thief's Tale, A, Weaver Of Her Dreams, The and Witch Hunt
Tips: Curse of Calutha ...
- Terri Sheehan, Barbara Gibb - Solutions: Zen Quest ...
- Terri Sheehan, Dorothy Millard - Solutions: Wizard of Oz, The ...
- Terri Sheehan, John Sutton - Solutions: Final Chorus, The ...
- The Erudite Troglodyte - Solutions: Appleton, The, Escape from Hodgkin's Manor, Lost in Time, Personal Computer Whirled!, Sam's Un-Excellent Adventure and Teacher Trouble ...
- Unknown - Solutions: Beyond El Dorado, Cavern Chaos, Doomsday, Flameout, Gods of War, The, Jason of the Argonauts, Red Alert, Staff of Power, The, Temple of Vran and There's a Hole in Your Bucket ...
- Vicko Vitasovic - Solutions: Deadly Mission, The and Neptune's Caverns ...
- Wibble and Blim - Solutions: Alien Adventure, Civil Service 2, Civil Service, Ellisnore Diamond, The, Enter at Your Own Risk, Gladiator, The, Glasgow Murder, A, House, The, Into the Mystic, Murder Mystery Weekend, Norman's Lament, P.H.A.R.T., Sleepin' Again and So Little Time ...
- Zeljko Juric - Solutions: Africa Gardens, Crystal Frog, The, Devil's Island, Escape from Malagar and Moon Magic 2: Sponge.
Tips: Devil's Island ...
- Added links to new RZX Archive entries for Aquaplane , Boggit, The , Chuckie Egg , Eskimo Eddie ,
Jet Set Willy: The 2005 Megamix , Jet Set Willy: Willy's New Mansion ,
Jumping Jack , On the Run , Rana Rama , Sol Negro ,
Thrust 2 , Thrust , Vendelin V Zakletem Dome , Wriggler and
- Fixed a complete solution for Myth, which was wrongly listed as being for Myth: History In The Making
- Arjun Nair sent in his tips for Monster.
- Dave Redford sent in a POKE for Splat!.
- de Vandemar Croup (forwarded by Andy Barker) sent in a copy of Mr. Anonymous' bug-fix POKEs for Ninja.
- Jil sent in a more accurate guide to accessing the secret editor/game in Brainstorm.
- Jim Grimwood sent in his tips and a decoding key for Runes Of Zendos, The.
- Martin Ball sent in some POKEs for Cybernoid 2: The Revenge.
- Updated the HAYLP section again - see if any of you can help these Poor Souls out?
- Speaking of HAYELP, Darren Carswell transformed himself from a Poor Soul to a Good Egg, by supplying a complete solution
to Runes of Zendos - a game he'd previously asked for HAYLP on.
- Paul Equinox Collins has updated and moved his XOR page, so I've updated the mirror of the old copy to include the
updated information (but keeping the old layout)
- Colin Attle AKA Ladderman sent in his maps for Big Ben Strikes Again, Costa Capers, Jackal, Kat Trap, Kraal, LA Drugs Bust, Metaplex, Miami Chase, Monty Is Innocent, Prince Clumsy!, Thrust 2 and Zanthrax
- Added maps for Bumpy, Cookie, DJ Puff's Volcanic Caper, Gunfright, Hollywood Poker,
Insector Hecti in the Interchange, Jetpac, Pssst, Sai Combat, Superkid In Space, Superkid and
Vendelin V Zakletem Dome (Pavel Plíva); Kendo Warrior (Skarpo); Tripods, The (Unknown, Carl Greenhalgh);
Dangerous Kiss and Dogsbody (Viktor Drozd)
Sunday 30 October 2005
Crivvens! What an indecently massive load of stuff this month - a veritable feast of tips, maps, POKEs and
- Corrected the naming convention for Dalek Attack.
- Corrected a typo I found in one of my POKEs for Top Fruitmachine
- I updated the tip displaying scripts slightly, so that titles/publishers with "&" in them
would link to Infoseek correctly. Thanks to Martijn van der Heide for pointing out the bug.
I also updated the alias searching script to include cracks other than The Italian Project ones.
- I uploaded edited copies of (almost) all of the maps from Sinclair User that weren't already on
Tipshop/WoS. Thanks must go to Jim Grimwood for his superb SPOT database and Mort for the original
scans. Without the excellent work of these two fine gents, this already difficult task would have
been impossible. Incidentally, there were two scans which were too small to use, so I'd really
appreciate it if someone could provide a higher resolution scan for the maps for
Excalibur (Issue 74, page 79) and Football Frenzy (Issue 75, page 93 and issue 76, page 79).
Anyway, the new maps are for:
720 Degrees , Aliens , Altered Beast , Athena ,
ATV Simulator , Batman - The Movie , Batman The Caped Crusader ,
Bobby Bearing , Castle Master , Chase H.Q. , Crack Down ,
Crypt, The , Crystal Kingdom Dizzy , Cybernoid ,
Dan Dare 3: The Escape , Dark Side , Deviants , Draconus ,
Driller , Druid , Exolon , Fantasy World Dizzy , Feud ,
Flying Shark , Forgotten Worlds , Game Over , Ghostbusters 2 ,
Great Escape, The , Gunpowder, Treason and Plot , Gyron Atrium ,
Hacker 2: The Doomsday Papers , Head over Heels , Hobbit, The ,
Hydrofool , Ikari Warriors , Into the Eagle's Nest ,
Invincible Island , Jack the Ripper , Jinxter ,
Kobyashi Naru , Lone Wolf - The Mirror of Death ,
Lord of the Rings , Marauder , Marie Celeste , Matt Lucas ,
Mindstone , Mordon's Quest , Mr. Heli ,
Myth: History in the Making , Nebulus , New Zealand Story, The ,
Ninja Spirit , Operation Gunship , Platoon , Pulsator ,
Renegade 3: The Final Chapter , Rick Dangerous , RoboCop 2 ,
R-Type , Run The Gauntlet , Sacred Armour of Antiriad, The ,
Seabase Delta , Shadow Skimmer , Shadows Of Mordor ,
Short Circuit , Spider-Man , Starglider , Stormlord ,
Strider , Subsunk , Super Hang-On , Super Sprint ,
Techno-Cop , Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles , Terramex ,
Total Recall , Treasure Island Dizzy , Typhoon ,
Urban Upstart , Vindicator! , Vixen and Wizball.
- Ages ago, Dorothy Millard had allowed permission to reproduce any Speccy solutions
on her site but she had only stored up to letter A at that point. Then her website vanished.
It was only this month that I noticed an updated link on solutionarchive.com pointing to a
much larger site. Are you ready for this? 300 new complete solutions to Speccy adventure games.
EEK! I've used a variety of methods to convert them from the RTF format Dorothy uses back to
HTML, so hopefully they should look alright, but let me know if you see anything weird...
Our eternal thanks go to Dorothy for her amazing work. We now have new complete solutions
for [Fanfare. Massive deep breath]:
Adventure C: Ship of Doom , Adventure E: The Golden Apple , Adventure F: Eye of Bain, The ,
Ball, The , Balrog and the Cat, The , Beautiful Dreamer , Beyond El Dorado ,
Bimbles, The , Black Tower 2: A Serpentine Tale ,
Blade the Warrior , Blob Quest , Bog of Brit ,
Border Harrier , Brook the Barbarian , Buffer Adventure ,
Bulbo And The Lizard-King , Bungo's Quest For Gold ,
Calling, The , Canasto Rebellion, The , Castle Colditz ,
Castle Eerie , Castle Thade Revisited , Castle, The ,
Castle, The , Celtic Carnage , Chameleon Key, The ,
Changeling, The , Chips Are Forever , Clerics Quest ,
Cloud 99 , Colditz Castle , Commando , Crystal Quest ,
Crystals of Doom , Cuddles , Curse of Shaleth, The ,
Curse Of The Seven Faces , Daemon , Dargonscrypt ,
Dark Storm , Day Trip , Deek's Deeds ,
Demon From The Darkside , Desmond and Gertrude ,
Destruction of the Galactic Empire, The , Devil's Hand, The ,
Devils Sceptre , Dick Turpin , Doctor Goo and the Samorons ,
Don't Panic - Panic Now , Doomsday Papers, The , Dorado, El ,
Double Agent , Dragon Quest , Duke Bluebeard's Castle ,
Dungeons of Maldread, The , Dusk over Elfinton , Earthshock ,
Eleventh Hour, The , Elfindor , Envelope, The ,
Escape from Devil's Island , Escape from Hodgkin's Manor ,
Escape from Khoshima , Escape from Magic , Escape from Malagar ,
Escape from Sylon 6 , Eunuch's Ball, The ,
Everyday Tale Of A Seeker Of Gold, An , Evil Realm Of Darkness ,
Excalibur: Sword of Kings , Fabled Black Rose, The ,
Fantasy, The , Father of Darkness , Feline Sleepy ,
Fergus Furgleton , Five Doctors, The , Flight 191 ,
For Your Thighs Only , Forest at World's End , Fortress of Keler ,
Fourth Dimension, The , Frogg Adventure ,
From Out Of A Dark Night Sky , Funhouse , Future Tense ,
Galaxias , Game Without a Name , Gates of Garralon, The ,
Gauntlet Of Meldir , Ghost Town , Giants , Go West Young Man ,
Golden Arrow , Golden Baton , Golden Figures Of Death, The ,
Golden Rose, The , Greedy Gulch , Green Sonja ,
Guardian, The , Hades , Harvesting Moon, A , Haunting, The ,
Hedda's Revenge , Helvera: Mistress of the Park , Hit ,
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy , Hobble Hunter, The ,
Holiday to Remember, A , Hollow, The , Hospital, The ,
House of Orion , House on the Tor, The , Ice Station Zero ,
In Search Of Angels , In Search of the Lost Valley , Inquisitor ,
Invincible Island , Island of Chaos , Jack in Magicland ,
Jason and the Golden Fleece , Jersey Quest ,
Jock and the Beanstalk , Jolly Duplicator ,
Jolly Jack's Run Ashore , Journey One Spring, A ,
Journey to Death , Keeper, The , King Otto's Quest ,
Kobyashi Ag'Kwo , Larry the Lemming's Urge for Extinction ,
Legacy for Alaric, A , Life of a Lone Electron, The ,
Little Wandering Guru , Loads Of Midnight ,
Long Way Home Volume 2: The Ludoids , Loony Castle Quest ,
Lords of Magic , Lost Orb, The , Madcap Manor ,
Mafia Contract 2: The Sequel , Mafia Contract , Magic Mountain ,
Magic Treasure Adventure , Magical Mystery Tour ,
Malice in Blunderland , Malice , Man About the House ,
Matchmaker , Menagerie, The , Merhownie's Light ,
Merlock the Mede , Message From Andromeda , Mini Adventure ,
Missile Command Base , Molesworth , Monster ,
Moon Magic 2: Sponge , Moon Magic , Moreby Jewels, The ,
Moron , Motorcycle Crazy! , Mysterious Fairground ,
Nightmare , Noah , Nosferato: Quest For The Vampire ,
O Zone, The , Ocean Dancer , Once Upon a Lily Pad ,
Open Door, The , Operation Colossus , Operation Stallion ,
Operation Turtle , Oppressed Land, The , Orbit of Doom ,
Orc Island , Orc Slayer , Overdog , Paradise Connection, The ,
Paradise in Microdot , Paradox , Pawns of War ,
Pentacle, The , Pete Bog , Peter Pan , Pharaoh's Tomb, The ,
Phoenix , Picture of Innocence, A , Pirate Gold ,
Play It Again, Sam , Prince of Tyndal, The , Prisoner No.6 ,
Prisoner, The , Project-X: The Micro Man , Prophecy, The ,
Quann Tulla , Quest for the Holy Joystick , Raid on Lethos ,
Randy Warner and the Aztec Idol ,
Raymond Pringles Quest for the Fabled Jar of Pickled Cabbage ,
Reality Hacker , Realm, The , Red Lion, The ,
Rescue from Doom , Retarded Creatures And Caverns ,
Return of the Holy Joystick, The , Return Of The Warrior ,
Return To Castle Dracula , Return To Ithaca , Revenge of Chaos ,
Rifts of Time, The , Ring of Dreams, The , Rings of Merlin, The ,
Ronnie Goes to Hollywood , Rouge Midget ,
Royal Adventures of a Common Frog , Ruby Runabout ,
S.M.A.S.H.E.D. , Sabat Of Milton Gordon ,
Saga of a Mad Barbarian , Saga of Erik the Viking, The ,
Sandman Cometh, The , Sea of Zirun ,
Search for the Wonderful Whotsit , Seaside Sorcery ,
Sefton Manor Assignment, The ,
Semi-detached At The End Of The Street, The , Serpent from Hell ,
Shadows of the Past , Shellshock , Shimmerkin , Shipwreck ,
Shrewsbury Key , Sinbad And The Golden Ship , Snow Joke! ,
Solvaldol-X , Souls Of Darkon , Spaceman Bob ,
Spectre of Booballyhoo, The , Spell of Christmas Ice, A ,
Spoof: The Magic Dragon , Spore, The , Staff of Zaranol, The ,
Star Reporter , Stranded , Survival , Survivor ,
Swamp, The , Tales of Mathematica, The , Talisman of Lost Souls ,
Tears of the Moon , Teastrainer , Teenage Emergency ,
Temple Terror , Ten Green Bottles , Theatre of Death ,
There's a Bomb Under Parliament , There's a Hole in Your Bucket ,
They Say the World Will Die in Fire and Ice , Thief in the Night, A ,
Thief , Time Quest , Time Quest , Timewise ,
Tizpan, Lord of the Jungle , To the Manor Bourne ,
Tourist Trouble , Tower of Despair, The , Trail ,
Traveller, The , Treasure of the Santa Maria, The , Treasure ,
Tree Stones, The , Trixie's Quest , Trouble With Trolls ,
Twice Shy , Upper Gumtree , Urquahart Castle ,
V: The Silver Saucer , Valley of the Kings , View To A Chip, A ,
Violator of Voodoo, The , Virus , Warlord ,
Weaver Of Her Dreams, The , Werner's Quest , Whistle ,
White Feather Cloak, The , Wizard of Akyrz , Wizard of Oz, The ,
Wizard's Orb, The , Wizard's Scrolls, The , Wizard's Skull, The ,
Wizard's Warrior , Wiz-Biz , Wychwood , Yellow Door, The and
Zolan Adventure, The [cough, splutter].
- Viktor Drozd has been busy again. I must apologise, as I forgot to put the POKEs he sent last
month in the last update (clod! Ed), so as well as that lot he's sent in the following lorry-load:
Tips and cheats for Livingstone Supongo 2 and Lode Runner and POKEs for
(deep breath): Antteroo , Argon , Atom Ant ,
Backpackers guide to the universe , Beastie Feastie , Billy Bong ,
Bloody , Bodorrio Real , Bug-Eyes , Byte Bitten , Cholo ,
Con-Quest , Cowboy Kidz , Diox , Don't Say It, Spray It ,
Droidz , Drug Watch , Dungeon Dare , F.I.R.E. ,
Final Frontier, The , Firestorm , Flash Gordon , Frightful ,
Galaxy Fighter , Ground Attack , Gunhed , Gunrunner ,
Hades Nebula , Hammerfist , Hero-Quest , High Steel ,
I Of The Mask , Knight Ghost , Kosmic Kanga , L.E.D. Storm ,
Lode Runner , Luna-Rover , Maze Of Delon, The , Mercs ,
Moggy , Mutant Monty And The Temple Of Doom , Mutant Monty ,
One Man And His Droid 2 , One Man And His Droid , Panama Joe ,
Paso, El , Prize, The , Ramon Rodriguez , Rifle Range ,
Rockford , Sam Spade , Sigfrido , Skatin' USA ,
Slightly Manic , Soldier Of Light , Stainless Steel ,
Stunt Bike Simulator , Submarino Amarillo ,
Subterranean Nightmare , Super Space Invaders , Tarantula ,
Taxi Driver , Thingy and the Doodahs ,
Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends , Thor Y La Cria De Dragon ,
Thunderbirds , Time Machine , Train: Escape to Normandy, The ,
Tutti Fruti , Twinz! , Willy Tournament 2004 and Zona 0 (WOW!).
Hopefully I haven't missed anything out this month? :-)
- Colin Attle sent in maps for Hudson Hawk, Italian Supercar, Jail Break,
Jock And The Time Rings, Ninja Massacre, Professional Skateboard Simulator,
Rolling Thunder, Subterranean Nightmare and Tarantula as well as
tips for Jock And The Time Rings and Ninja Massacre.
- The mysterious (in that he didn't include an email address) Doctor Icemann sent in
bug reports for Bruce Lee and Hobbit, The; cheats for Wild Bunch, The and
tips for Valkyrie 17.
- I added a POKE for Spark.
- Fixed an OCR glitch in the Crash hack for Deathchase, 3D. Thanks to Woody for pointing it out.
- Martin Ball sent in corrections for the POKEs for Arc of Yesod, The (48K) and Bomb Jack 2.
- Darren Shacklady sent in a routine for International Cricket, which fixes a variety of bugs.
- Branko Ferk sent in a POKE for Frank N Stein.
- Stephen Holland sent in a tip for Skool Daze. Thanks to Daren Pearcy for forwarding it onto me.
- Speaking of Daren, he also sent in some tips for Jungle Trouble which were included in Crash.
Being the Good Egg that he is, he even typed them up for me.
- Mike_Myers sent in a POKE for Phantomas and tips for Split Personalities.
- Dave Redford sent in a POKE for 180. He's also stuck with something on Wizball, so can any of you
Kind Souls out there lend some assistance? His plea is on the HAYLP section.
- Ian Hamilton proved himself a Kind Soul and general Good Egg by sending in the answer to
a plea for HAYLP on Chimera... Fancy having this kind of prestige [cough] attached to your name?
Then nip over to the HAYLP section, and see if you can help out.
- Added links to the RZX Archive for 1994 - Ten Years After, Adventureland ,
Astroclone , Brian Bloodaxe , Cowboy Kidz , Desperado 2 , Express Raider ,
Gonzzalezz , Human Killing Machine , Into the Eagle's Nest , Kentilla ,
Lords of Midnight , Ninja , Prince of Persia , Pulga, La, Pyracurse ,
Ruff And Reddy In The Space Adventure , Soldier One , Tom Jones,
Winter Games and Xenon.
- Added maps for Ninja (deVandemar); Panzadrome, Skatin' USA and Stop the Express (MLT);
Aknadach, Great Gurianos, Hammer Boy, Heartbroken, Hundra, Karnov, Livingstone Supongo 2,
Mikie, Piromania, Show Jumping, Way of the Exploding Fist, The and Yie Ar Kung Fu (Pavel Plíva).
Friday 30 September 2005
I've been busy helping out with WoS things, and Real-Life goings on (see below), so this update was almost late. Enjoy!
- Totally non-Speccy related - my girlfriend's sister had a baby girl (Hello, Amy Dysart! Congratulations, Liz/Rolland/Adam).
- Updated the HAYLP page - see if you can help any of these poor souls?
- I've been busy helping out with some WoS maintenance, identifying potential cracked titles,
so the following entries were updated: Leopard was a crack of Mutant Ant Attack and
Vampiro was a modification of Dracman, 3D.
- I also hacked a couple of games while I was at it - Grebit and Moon Battle.
- Ladderman sent in his new maps for
911 TS, Alien Storm, Atom Ant, Ethnipod, Hideous, Periscope Up, Peter Pack Rat, Professional Ski Simulator, Psytraxx, Q10 Tankbuster, Rana Rama, Skull & Crossbones, Spaghetti Western Simulator and Super Wonder Boy.
- Daren Pearcy sent in his walkthroughs for levels 5 and 6 for Equinox, finally
completing the solution which Crash misprinted all those years ago. Hurrah!
- Darren Shacklady sent in his bug-fix POKE for International Cricket.
- Jamie Angus sent in his superb tips for Technician Ted.
- kmateev sent in his tips for Adventure A: Planet of Death, and a cheat (or tip?) for
- Kris Hudson-Lee sent in a cheat for Fahrenheit 3000, which I've added a comment
to which should allow it to work on emulators.
- Mike Myers sent in some POKEs to Hack Attack III, which I've used here. They were for
Horace, the Spiders and Saboteur.
- As a follow-up to the POKEs he sent in last month, Pgyuri sent in a guide to
modifying the keys to Krakatoa, since the original keys are awful.
- The boys (and girls?) at the RZX Archive has been as busy as ever, so I've added
new links to RZX replays for: Alien Syndrome , Atom Ant , Automania ,
Cavelon , Count Duckula , Crime Busters , Crystal Castles ,
Curro Jimenez , Equinox , Ethnipod , Hong Kong Phooey ,
Joe Blade , Metal Army , Mr. Wino , O.K. Yah! , Popeye 2 ,
Prison Riot , Scrabble , Snoopy , Solomon's Key ,
Stainless Steel , Starion , Technician Ted and Yeti.
- Added maps for Vega Solaris (Miguel A. García Prada);
Cosa Nostra and Livingstone Supongo (Sergio Corrochano);
Paso, El, Ramon Rodriguez and Rockford (Viktor Drozd) and
Run Bill Run (Wilko Schröter)
Wednesday 31 August 2005
Quite a bit of background maintenance work this month, along with the usual batch of skillo tips, including
tips reproduced (with permission, naturally) from the funky ZX Shed. AND I actually (hopefully?!) managed to get the monthly
update done in time - hurrah!
- With the kind permission of Lee Fogarty, we have permission to reproduce
the new tips from ZX Shed Issue 1, namely the map and POKE for Area 51,
POKE for Fantastic Mister Fruity, The and POKE/tips for Stranded.
- Modified the main front page so that the search form actually includes the new exact and alias options to
match the form on the tips displaying page - guess who overlooked that last time? Oops (clod! Ed)
- Fixed one of the tips displaying scripts so that my comments no longer appear on the screen (oops!) on one,
and that the search alias function works properly if you select the exact name matching.
- Corrected the name for Crazy Pengoin (was incorrectly listed as Crazy Penguin).
- Removed the entry for Appleman, as it was a listed crack.
- Updated the naming conventions for Apache Raid!!!,
Extraordinarios Casos Del Dr. Van Halen Caso 1: Misterio En La Catedral, Los,
Extraordinarios Casos Del Dr. Van Halen Caso 2: El Cuervo De La Tormenta, Los,
Lone Wolf - The Mirror of Death and Spider-Man to match WOS', changing the
linked maps and alias lookups accordingly.
- Removed the links to Retro Gamer (RIP, sniff)
- Updated the map references for Feud (one was wrongly listed as coming from Sinclair user),
Helm, The (the source was previously unknown) and Jack the Nipper (added the tipster's names)
- Sorted out the tips from Crash for Grumpy Gumphrey Supersleuth and
Super Wonder Boy, which were mistakenly merged. Thanks to Colin Attle for pointing
out the mistake.
- TomCaT sent in his tips for Saboteur 2: Avenging Angel.
- Pgyuri sent in his POKEs for Krakatoa.
- Alessandro Grussu sent in his complete solution to Gerbil Riot of '67, The.
- The good folks at the RZX Archive have been as busy as ever. Added links for:
10th Frame , Agent-X 2 , Agent-X , Ball Breaker ,
Bounder , Bronx , Darkman , Dirt Track Racer ,
Fighting Warrior , Fire and Ice , Impossaball ,
Lords of Midnight , Ninja Hamster , Ninja Warriors, The ,
Pang , Rastan , Rygar , Soldier Of Light , St. Dragon ,
Ulises , Vigilante and Zythum.
- Added maps for Spy-Plane (from original release); Scooby Doo, Strider, Strider 2
(Ladderman) and Army Moves (part 1), Capitan Trueno (part 2), Deflektor, Dirt Track Racer,
Harrier Attack!, Moon Alert, Navy Moves (part 1) and Navy SEALs (part 2) (Pavel Plíva).
Thursday 28 July 2005
New search script changes, and quite a few tips to keep you going
- Updated the search script. You can now specify exact string matches.
I've also modified the alias list substantially, based on The Italian Project
findings and the aliases used on WOS. Because of the sheer number of
aliases searched, I've changed the default alias lookup from on to off.
So if you want to search through the alias list, you have to specify it.
You can use either of these new functions by using the check boxes
or using the correct parameters (checkalias=y or exactname=y). It also
displays links to WOS' Infoseek for each result. I hope you find these
new additions/modifications useful, but please let me know if you have
any problems with the new script.
- Thomas Franke sent in hints and tips for Sorderon's Shadow, which he OCR'd
from a copy of the Beyond Newsletter.
- Updated the HAYLP section. Let's see if anyone can help these poor stuck souls?
- Branko Ferk sent in POKEs for Falcon Patrol 2 and Pssst.
- Colin Attle sent in his new maps for S.A.S. Combat Assault, Son Of Blagger and Stainless Steel
- Malcolm, Webmaster of www.retroisland.co.uk, kindly allowed us to reproduce the
map and solution for Chimera from his website.
- Added Pavel Plíva's maps for Amaurote, Glug Glug, Shadow Warriors, Shao Lin's Road, Sherwood and Tapper
- Skarpo scanned in Sinclair User's maps for Altered Beast, Equinox and Spellbound Dizzy
as well as supplying his own map for 3DC.
- Viktor Drozd sent in his map for Thingy and the Doodahs.
- Added links to RZX walkthroughs for: Animated Strippoker ,
Chicago 30's , Comando Quatro ,
Daley Thompson's Decathlon , Deadly Evil ,
Death Star Interceptor , Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ,
Dragon's Lair 2: Escape From Singe's Castle , Fred , Glug Glug ,
Hercules: Slayer of the Damned , HRH , Hundra ,
I, Ball 2: Quest for the Past , Kong , Lorna ,
Main Blow, The , Overlander , Play For Your Life ,
Quick Draw McGraw , Sgrizam , Soliter , Spike , Splat! ,
Strike Force Cobra , Strontium Dog: The Killing ,
Subway Vigilante , Tapper and WWF Wrestle Mania.
Monday 04 July 2005
June! (Oh, Terry? Ed)... Quite a large update this month, which I managed to get processed
on time, despite being on holiday for two weeks. I then didn't manage to get the update
page updated until today. Heigh-ho..
- Fixed a typo in one of the POKEs for Rogue Trooper.
- Skarpo pointed out a fairly large mistake in the Your Sinclair type-in hack for
Bazooka Bill (it was actually the hack for Ball Crazy which was listed wrongly
in YS' Smash Tips), and provided the correct type-in.
- Moroz 1999 let me know the code for After The War was misprinted. This was
one of my tips in YS, and his/her email reminded me that they had misprinted it, but
never did print a correction, no matter how often I asked. Tch!
- Geoff Owen sent in a correction for the complete solution to Dizzy, as
well as an added hint to using one of the POKEs.
- I was going through my drawers (fnar! Ed), and found a complete solution to
King's Keep I'd written back in High School a few months before Crash published one.
It's slightly different to that one, so thought it'd be worth preserving.
- Viktor Drozd sent in his pre-Summer Holiday batch of goodies, namely POKEs for
Abadia del Crimen, La, Alma de Guerrero, Babaliba, BC's Quest for Tires,
Booty, Cavernas, Caverns of Kontonia, Cyrox, Deathchase, 3D,
Ethnipod, I Aint Got Nobody, Jump, Kamikaze Collector, Labyrman,
Laser Lord, Masters of Serebal, Maze, The, Mines of Moriez,
Myla Di'Kaich, New Cylon Attack, Nicotine Nightmare, Ninja Spirit,
Paco Jones, Pick Out 2, Piggy, Rick Dangerous 2, Rough Justice,
S.A.S. Combat Assault, Shoot 'em Down, SU Crew, The, Target,
Thingy, the Doodahs, Thomas the Tank Engine, Friends, Ulises and Zhak.
- Darren Shacklady (aka rfout) concludes his assault on
Daley Thompson's Decathlon, with the latest batch of POKEs he sent in which
cure assorted bugs.
- Andy Pearson sent in a scan of a hack for Con-Quest from Crash, which I've OCR'd.
- A long time ago in a gal... sorry - Simon Clark sent me a tape of assorted POKEs and
tips he had typed up in Tasword years earlier. I managed to export it, sift through it,
and add any stuff which wasn't already listed Tipshop, namely cheats for
Pathetic Pablo Bros, The and Talking Hedz as well as POKEs for Bubble Bobble,
Invasion of the Body Snatchas!, Midnight Resistance, RoboCop 2 and
- Steven Holland sent in a tip for Way of the Exploding Fist, The.
- Annie Gnomeous (ahem) sent in his/her map for Manic Muslim.
- Andy Robinson sent in his brilliant walkthrough to Back To Skool.
- Added new links to RZX Archive for:
Bestial Warrior , Garfield - Big, Fat, Hairy Deal , Hulk, The ,
IK+ , Jack the Ripper , Jail Break ,
Masters Of The Universe - The Super Adventure , Mithos ,
Pac-Mania , Penetrator , Pogo , Shard of Inovar ,
Stormlord 2: Deliverance , Venom and Wolfman.
- Added maps for Atic Atac, Knight Lore and Sabre Wulf, scanned by Akilino from
an uncredited source; Mandragore, scanned by Skarpo from Crash; Under Ground by Daulichen Victor;
Autocrash, Go Bear Go!, Nether Earth, Skateball, Tank Command and Wells 'n' Fargo by
Friday 27 May 2005
I've got the day off today (hurrah!), so I thought I should get this Tipshop update done
while I have the chance.. It's only been slightly more than a couple of weeks since the last
one, but it's still quite impressive (fnar? Ed)
- A follow-up to the naming conventions update from last time - Thanks (again) to
the Perl genius of Nick Humphries and a reasonable chunk of manual checking and editing
by myself, all (well, 99%) of the games should now be listed with their correct
publishers. This should hopefully solve any confusion over duplicate named games
like Barbarian, as well as improving the accuracy of links from Infoseek. The
names/Publishers are based on the information kept at WOS, so eternal thanks and
praise must go to Martijn van der Heide and the rest of the maintainers at WOS
for the offline copy of Infoseek's database which we used.
- Corrected the names for 911 TS and R.A.M., with links edited accordingly.
- Added a tip for Rockfall 2, which I found on WOS.
- Viktor Drozd sent in his usual truck-load of stuff, with POKEs for
Ano Gaia , Arcade Fruit Machine , Ballooning ,
Bewarehouse, The , Brautrydjandinn , Braxx Bluff , Cyclone ,
Domination , Don Din: El Saber no Ocupa Lugar , Down Under ,
Dr. Franky And The Monster , Dragonsbane , Drunk Policeman ,
Duct, The , Elevator Action , Frank Bruno's Boxing ,
Galactic Gunners , Ghost Castles , Gnoni , Gorfian Invaders ,
Green Beret , Guppi , Knightmare , Kwik Snax ,
Last Mission , Last Mission, The , Lunaris , Mag Max ,
Maglaxians , Mailstrom , Master Blaster , Mermaid Madness ,
Metro-Cross , Sir Lancelot , Squamble , Star Fly, The ,
Starfox , Starlike , Super Crap Invaders , Super Snails ,
Times Of Lore , Zampabolas , Zanthrax and Zortron as well
as cheats for Guppi and Last Mission, The.
- As well as that lot, Viktor also kindly sent in corrections and/or
updated information for Dizzy X, Elopement: Back to The Earth, Klax,
Last Mission, The, Maglaxians, Moonlight Madness and Netwalk.
He also provided the Publisher information for Abe's Mission: Escape,
Aliens, Boulder Mix, Crozet, Dizzy B: Treasure Island, Part 1,
Dizzy XII: Underground, Dzeta, Falling Down, Home Island Dizzy,
Marioso, Mezi Vezemi, Mortal Kombat, Screwie and
Vendelin V Zakletem Dome.
- Pgyuri sent in a POKE for Snake Pit.
- Barry Salter sent in his map for Super Trolley.
- Branko Ferk sent in some POKEs for ATF.
- Added maps for Brautrydjandinn (by Skarpo), and
Deja Vu, Ms. Pac-Man, Savage and Sooty and Sweep (all by
- Added new RZX Archive links for:
Adventure D: Espionage Island , After Shock , Big Sleaze, The ,
Dracula , Dun Darach , Harvesting Moon, A , Heroes of Karn ,
Jewels of Babylon, The , Joe Blade 2 , Match Day 2 ,
Message From Andromeda , Punchy , Roland's Rat Race ,
Saboteur 2: Avenging Angel and Tir na Nog.
Monday 09 May 2005
PHEW! I thought this update was NEVER getting done. There's been lots of
background maintenance work getting done on Tipshop since the last one, which
took up a fair bit of time. Not to mention there's a lorry-load of new stuff here.
- Thanks to the eternally skill Perl programming of Nick (Humphries, for those not in
the know), and some added manual editing by me, the naming convention for Tipshop
should match that of WOS. This shouldn't mean any greatly noticable changes here,
but it will mean a lot more of the tips are now linked to Infoseek on WOS. Hurrah!
- As part of the naming convention changes, I uncovered a few cracked titles, and
renamed them to their correct names. Specifically, Alky Ollie,
Centrale Nucleare, La, CPU Destroyer, as well as the mis-titled
- Removed the POKEs for Knightmare - thanks to Geoff Owen for taking the time
to test them (and let me know they didn't work)
- Dave Redford sent in a useful pointer about one of the POKEs for Nosferatu the Vampyre.
He's also stuck on a bit on Movie, so why not take a look at the HAYLP section
to see if you can help the poor chap out?
- Philip Kendall kindly supplied a copy of Alex Lux's walkthrough for Bard's Tale, The.
- Robert Baker sent in his maps, POKEs and tips for Cylu.
- Ben Rapier sent in some POKEs for Back To Skool
- Branko Ferk sent in some POKEs for Rocky Horror Show, The.
- Darren Shacklady (AKA rfout) sent in some POKEs for Daley Thompson's Decathlon
- James McKay sent in an easier to understand explanation on breaking the code
in Fourth Protocol, The.
- Keith Rundle sent in a cheat for Super Spy.
- Moby Dick(!!) and Gemma sent in a tip for Dizzy. They'd originally sent it in
as a HAYLP request, but then solved the problem themselves. Well, Gemma did (she's 7!).
- Wilko Schröter sent in his maps and complete solutions to
Avior, Cry Wolf, Forgotten City, Future Tense, Gravely Manor,
Jhothamia 6, McKensie, Nythyhel, Survival and
Terror from the Deep. The solutions were originally in PDF format, but I've
HTMLised them for onscreen reference, with links to the originals.
- Viktor Drozd has been going without sleep again, judging by the amount of stuff
he's sent in: a cheat for F-16 Combat Pilot; a map for Brainstorm;
tips for 48 Irons, Tube Mix and POKEs for
12 Mysterious Books, 48 Irons, 4X4 Puzzle, Alien Attack,
Amo del Mundo, Any Tank, Arcade Voleyball, Begstvo na Harhan,
Blockus, Bomber, Bonus Game or Dasher, Bulls Eye,
Castle Quest, City Fighter, Clickmania, Clocks Head Cracker,
Cobble 2, Copper Hopper, F-16 Combat Pilot, Frankenstein 2000,
Hell Master, Hercules: Slayer of the Damned, Last Will Dizzy,
Main Blow, The, Mean Streak, Mini Fly, Moonlight Magic,
Moonlight Magic, Moonlighter, Noah, Pandemonia,
Pop Quizz, Seas of Blood, Silver Gun, Sinbad, Smagly 1,
Smagly 2, Smagly 3: Or Kill'em All!, Squad Quick Reaction,
Star Pilot, Street Hassle, Thing 2: Thing Bounces Back,
Tomb of Akhenaten, Tube Mix, Turbo Driver, Watermill
and Zone Trooper (PHEW!)... He also sent a copy of another POKE which
hadn't made the transition from Hack Attack III for Continental Circus.
- Added some more pleas for help in the HAYLP section. Can any of you assist these lost souls?
- Added the following maps:
Alien Highway, Automania, Barbarian, Highway Encounter,
Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road Racer, Kong 2: Kong Strikes Back,
Kong, Kwik Snax, Nuclear Bowls, Octopussy, Rampage,
Street Hassle, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Tetris 2,
Thomas the Tank Engine, Friends and Total Recall (Pavel Plíva);
Gauntlet (Peter Turányi);
Split Personalities (Roman Bórik);
Kinetik (Arttu Ylärakola);
Alien Syndrome, ATV Simulator, Captain Fizz, Dandy,
Everyone's A Wally, Frost Byte, H.E.R.O., Herbert's Dummy Run
and Yeti (Colin Attle);
Jet Set Willy: Where's Woody? (MadMekon)
Emerald Isle (Supplied by Darrel Sinclair)
and, finally, scans of the C+VG Maps Special supplied by Aonghus de Barra for
Alien 8, Dun Darach, Herbert's Dummy Run, Impossible Mission,
Jet Set Willy 2: The Final Frontier and Nodes Of Yesod
- More RZX goodness, with another 50 walkthroughs for you to sit back and watch,
courtesy of the good folks at The RZX Archive:
Ad Astra , Addams Family, The , Adventure A: Planet of Death ,
Adventure B: Inca Curse , Adventure C: Ship of Doom ,
Back to the Future Part 2 , Back To The Future , Bionic Ninja ,
Cabal , Cauldron 2: The Pumpkin Strikes Back , Combat School ,
Curse of Sherwood, The , Detective, The , Finders Keepers ,
Football Frenzy , Hammerfist , Impossamole ,
Inspector Flukeit , Jasper , Kayleth , Knight Tyme ,
Kong 2: Kong Strikes Back , Legend of Apache Gold ,
Lord of the Rings , Mafia Contract 2: The Sequel ,
Mafia Contract , Manic Muslim , Match Day 2 , Matt Lucas ,
Minder , Mountains of Ket , Night Shift , Omega 1 ,
Panzadrome , Pawn, The , Pitfall 2: Lost Caverns ,
Play It Again, Sam , Raid Over Moscow , Red Door, The ,
Rigel's Revenge , Shadows Of Mordor , Shrewsbury Key ,
Sinbad And The Golden Ship , Spellbound , Spiderman ,
Spy Trek , Stormbringer , Tank Command , Total Eclipse and
Saturday 02 April 2005
Another day late. Never mind, eh? I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait?
(Oh, please yourself!).. There's a distinctly POKE-y feel to the update this month. Enjoy!
- Branko Ferk sent in POKEs for Ali Baba, Tapper and Yabba Dabba Doo!
- Colin Attle (AKA ladderman) sent in a tip for Black Magic, as well as maps
for Bangers & Mash, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Black Lamp, Bounder,
Bubble Bobble 2: Rainbow Islands and Scuba Kidz
- The mysterious Mr. Anonymous answered a plea for help with
Thirty Nine Steps. His tips got the Poor Soul past where
he was stuck, but he's having problems at another stage in the
game. Can anyone help him?
- Supreme Good Egg Viktor Drozd continues to demonstrate his ability to do without
sleep, judging by the massive selection of stuff he sent in. Ready? He sent in
POKEs for Barrow Quest, Bionic Commando, Brainstorm, Brainstorm,
Brainstorm, City of Death, Depart, Doombase, Dynamix,
Dynatron Mission, F.I.F.O., Falling Down, Freddy Hardest 1,
Future Knight, Gauntlet 1, Gauntlet 2, Gauntlet 3: The Final Quest,
Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons, Gladiator, Glass, Gulpman, Headbangers Heaven,
Hop 'n' Chop, Hostages, Howard the Duck, Hypertron, Kickboxing,
Krypton Factor, The, Krypton Raiders, Leviathan, Loco, Logo,
Marioso, Maze of Darkness, Metalyx, Metropolis, Mission Ninety One,
Multi-Player Soccer Manager, Murphy, N.E.I.L. Android, Nervos This Position,
Non Compos Mentis 2: Pleasure Beyond Pain, Non Compos Mentis, Nuclear Bowls,
Out Of The Shadows, Pedro na Ostrove Piratov, Pesadilla, Pole Position,
Pole Position, Psycho Hopper, Question of Sport, A, Raider,
Red Scorpion, Riddler's Den, Ring Wars, River Raid, Robot Riot,
Sheer Panic, Shuttle Shock, Sokoban, Sootland, Space Jack,
Stack Up, Starglider 2, Steep Way, Street Cred Boxing, Superman Olo,
Thief, Trail Racer, Transmat, Tremor, Trick of the Tale, A, Troll,
Tube, The, Turrican 1, Vigilante Patrol, Volcano, Welltris,
Wizard Willy, Wizard, The, XARQ, Xavior, Zeon and Zona 0 as well
as a cheat for XARQ and a tip for Sokoban (PHEW!!)
- Those top chaps (any chapesses?) continue to complete games like it's going out of
fashion. I've added links to RZX recordings for:
Afterburner , Back to the Future 3 ,
Chuckie Egg 2 , Crime Santa Clause ,
Driller , Eddie Kidd Jump Challenge ,
Hacker 1 , Happiest Days of Your Life, The ,
Hard Drivin' , Horace and the Spiders ,
Hyperaction , Mad Martha 2 , Manic Miner 2 ,
Manic Miner 3: Tales from a Parallel Universe ,
Manic Miner 5: Los Peligros del LSD ,
Manic Miner 6: The Buddha of Suburbia , Manic Miner 7 ,
Marioso , Nightmare , Ninja Master ,
Novotron 8 , Octopussy , Panama Joe ,
Power Drift , Sacred Armour of Antiriad, The ,
Saimazoom , Satcom , Sherwood ,
Sir Fred , Smash TV , Space Harrier 2 ,
Space Harrier , Spirits , Spy Hunter ,
Untouchables, The , W.E.C. Le Mans ,
Winnie the Pooh and Wizard's Lair.
- Added maps for Ram (Angel Ló), Spindizzy (Chris Moore) and
Bad Dream, Cavelon, Doombase, Nonterraqueous 2: Soul of a Robot,
Postman Pat 2, Sokoban, Tremor and XARQ (Pavel Plíva)
Tuesday 01 March 2005
Oops - I missed getting the February update out before the end of February. Still, what's one
day between friends, eh?
- Corrected the POKEs for Nemesis: The Final Challenge. Thanks to
David Kitson for pointing out something looked a bit strange.
- Dunny sent in a correction for an existing tip for Striker
- Jim Langmead sent in the level codes for Guppi
- Robert Baker sent in some cheats for Super Spy
- MAPS part 1 - Added Miguel A. García Prada's maps for Ali Bebe, Extraordinarios Casos del Dr. Van Halen: El Cuervo de la Tormenta, Los, Extraordinarios Casos del Dr. Van Halen: Misterio en la Catedral, Los and Yenght: La Fuente de la Juventud
- MAPS part 2 - Added Pavel Plíva's maps for After the War, Cesta Bojovnika, Double Dragon 1, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone, Dynatron Mission, Extreme, Freddy Hardest 1, Freddy Hardest 2: En Manhattan Sur, NARC, Olli & Lissa 1: The Ghost of Shilmoore, Piggy, Postman Pat 2, Prayer Of The Warrior, The, Smash TV and Sol Negro
- MAPS part 3 - Added Sherwin Robb's map for Terminus: The Prison Planet
- MAPS part 4 - Added Tor Gjerde's maps for Auf Wiedersehen Monty, Jack The Nipper 1 and Jack the Nipper 2: In Coconut Capers
- The top chaps at the RZX Archive have been recording games being completed like it's going
out of fashion (what DOES that expression mean?!). Added 76(!) new RZX links for
Action Reflex , Amaurote , Arkarum ,
Aural Quest , Babaliba , Buggy Boy ,
C5 Clive , Cauldron 1 , Caves Of Doom, The ,
Chase H.Q. 2: Special Criminal Investigations ,
Chubby Gristle , Colditz Castle ,
Continental Circus ,
Danger Mouse in the Black Forest Chateau ,
Dr. Destructo , Egghead 1 ,
Egghead 2: Egghead to the Rescue ,
Egghead 3: Egghead in Space ,
Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters ,
Fall Guy, The , Flying Train , Frost Byte ,
Hampstead , Heartbroken , Hostages ,
Hunchback 2: Quasi Modo's Revenge , I Aint Got Nobody ,
Imagination , Jack and the Beanstalk ,
Jackal , Jason's Gem ,
Jet Set Willy 5: The ZX Heroes , Komando 2 ,
Manic Miner 1 , Maziacs , Mazogs ,
Mindshadow , Monster Maze, 3D ,
Monty on the Run , Moonwalker , Mr. Heli ,
Nonterraqueous 1 , Nonterraqueous 2: Soul of a Robot ,
North Star , Notorik , OutRun 1 ,
Outrun 2: Turbo Outrun , Paperboy 1 ,
Phantom F4 , Platoon , Plummet ,
Postman Pat 1 , Postman Pat 2 , Prva Akcia ,
Revenge of the C5 , Samantha Fox Strip Poker ,
Seabase Delta , Shao Lin's Road , Sherlock ,
Sidney Affair, The , Skate Crazy ,
Sly Spy: Secret Agent , Subsunk , Super Spy ,
Technician Ted: The Megamix , Techno-Cop ,
Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends , Thundercats ,
Transformers , Urban Upstart , Valkyrie 17 ,
Vera Cruz Affair, The ,
Way of the Exploding Fist 2: The Legend Continues ,
Willow Pattern Adventure, The , Wizball and
Monday 31 January 2005
A dose of Chickenpox meant I FINALLY had time to put this update online.
And very good it is, too.. The update, not the Chickenpox.
- Fixed the naming convention for Cerius, as it was listed
- Fixed the tips for Extreme from Crash 91, which had got
mangled together while I was OCRing them
- Updated the output script so that tips from the RZX Archive should
now display the sender details correctly.
- Added all (hopefully?) of the maps from MicroHobby magazine. These
were scanned by Manuel Gomez Amate. I joined the ones which were multi-page
together. The maps are for:
007: Licence to Kill , Abadia del Crimen, La ,
After the War , Alien 8 , Artura ,
Asterix And The Magic Cauldron , Back to the Future 2 ,
Barbarian 2: The Dungeon of Drax , Batman - The Movie ,
Blackbeard , Bubble Bobble 2: Rainbow Islands ,
Buggy Boy , Camelot Warriors ,
Capitan Trueno , Clever And Smart , Comeme ,
Dark Side , Dick Tracy ,
Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters ,
Garfield - Winter's Tail , Golden Axe ,
Great Escape, The , Gunfright , Hammerfist ,
Hero Quest , Hudson Hawk , Humphrey ,
Hundra , Ice-Breaker , Inside Outing ,
Last Ninja 2 , Midnight Resistance ,
Monty Python's Flying Circus , Moonwalker ,
Mortadelo y Filemon 2: La Ira del Super , Mot ,
Movie , Muncher, The , Munsters, The ,
Myth: History in the Making , Navy Moves ,
Navy SEALs , Night Breed , Night Hunter ,
Nightshade , Nosferatu the Vampyre ,
OutRun 1 , Platoon , Poder Oscuro, El ,
Questprobe 2: Spiderman , Ram , Rana Rama ,
RoboCop 1 , Saimazoom , Senda Salvaje ,
Shadow Of The Unicorn , Silent Shadow ,
Sir Fred , Skull & Crossbones , Snoopy ,
Switchblade , Thunderbirds , Toi Acid Game ,
Total Recall , Tres Luces de Glaurung, Las ,
Turrican 1 , Tusker , Twin World ,
Ulises , Vendetta , Vindicator ,
Wells 'n' Fargo and Where Time Stood Still.
- The singularly named Andrew sent in a cheat for Transylvanian Tower
- Branko Ferk sent in some POKEs for Falcon Patrol 2
- Geoff Owen sent in a bug report and screenshot for Booty
- Viktor Drozd has been as busy as ever, and sent in POKEs for
Adventures of Sid Spider, The , Blob The Cop ,
Blue Max , Bow, The ,
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show , Cabal ,
Capitan Sevilla , Captain America ,
Chase H.Q. 2: Special Criminal Investigations ,
Chronos: A Tapestry of Time , Colin The Cleaner ,
Combat School , Corruption , Crack Down ,
Crime Santa Clause , Darkman , Echelon ,
Ghostbusters 2 , Hamte Damte ,
Infiltrator , Last Ninja 2 ,
Last Ninja Remix , Miami Vice ,
Mutan Zone , NATO Assault ,
Ocean Conqueror , Pacman , Platoon ,
Power and Magic , Revenge of the C5 ,
Scramble Spirits , Shackled , Slap Dab ,
Sol Negro , Star Swallow , Tanium ,
Terminus: The Prison Planet , Thunder Jaws and
Vendelin V Zakletem Dome as well as tips for
Adventures of Sid Spider, The , Capitan Sevilla ,
Hamte Damte and Pacman.
- Simon Clark sent in a cheat for Boss, The
- Philip Bee sent in his tip for Shinobi (not Double Dragon, as I'd originally said - sorry!)
- Sherwin Robb updated his Head Over Heels map
- Added Biotoxin's POKE for Grandslam's Thunderbirds which I
found in one of his text files while I was helping with cataloguing the WOS
- Added Pavel Plíva's maps for Action Force 2,
Adventures of Sid Spider, The, Arkanoid 2: Revenge Of Doh,
Bomb Jack 1, Bomb Jack 2, Bubble Dizzy, Call Me Psycho,
Captain Dynamo, Cobra, Commando, Curro Jimenez,
Dizzy Down The Rapids, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts,
Gilligan's Gold, Golden Axe, Green Beret, Grell And Falla,
Ikari Warriors, Komando 2, Lemmings, Martianoids,
Mortadelo y Filemon 2: La Ira del Super, Mutan Zone, Panic Dizzy,
Project Future, Renegade 1, Renegade 2: Target Renegade,
Renegade 3: The Final Chapter, RoboCop 1, RoboCop 2,
RoboCop 3, Scooby Doo, Scrappy Doo, Seahawk,
Sergeant Seymour Robotcop, Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants,
Steg, Stryker - In the Crypts of Trogan,
Super Seymour Saves the Planet,
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - The Coin-Op,
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, They Call Me Trooper and
Yogi's Great Escape
- Added Allan Morton's tips for Murder At The Manor. They should definitely
work, seeing as he wrote the game! Thanks to Martijn van der Heide for
forwarding these onto me.
- The good folks over at the RZX Archive have been slaving away.
Added links to their new contributions for:
Abu Simbel Profanation , Airwolf 2 ,
Arkanoid 1 , Arkanoid 2: Revenge Of Doh ,
Badlands , Batty , Booty ,
Bubble Bobble 1 , Buratino , Call Me Psycho ,
Camelot Warriors , Cavemania , Ceasefire 1 ,
Cerius 2: Interalia , Cerius ,
Day In The Life, A , Double Dragon 1 ,
Double Dragon 2: The Revenge ,
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone , Dragon Ninja ,
Dustin , Enigma Force , Exploding Atoms ,
Extreme , Fat Worm Blows a Sparky ,
Fiendish Freddy's Big Top of Fun , Final Matrix, The ,
Flintstones, The , Ghostbusters 2 ,
Golden Axe , Green Beret , Gremlins ,
Guerrilla War , Gyroscope 1 , Hamte Damte ,
Hobgoblin , Howard the Duck , Hudson Hawk ,
Ikari Warriors , Incredible Shrinking Fireman ,
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ,
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom , Iron Soldier ,
Jack The Nipper 1 ,
Jack the Nipper 2: In Coconut Capers , Kosmic Kanga ,
Kung-Fu Master , Mad Mix Game ,
Manic Miner: Eugene - Lord of the Bathroom ,
Mask 3: Venom Strikes Back , Master Of Magic ,
Mega-Corp , Mercenary: Escape from Targ ,
Midnight Resistance , Minesweeper ,
Moon Strike , Moontorc ,
Myth: History in the Making , N.O.M.A.D. ,
NARC , Nemesis: The Final Challenge ,
New Zealand Story, The , Ninja Spirit ,
Olli & Lissa 1: The Ghost of Shilmoore , Piggy ,
Pi-R Squared , Project Future ,
Renegade 3: The Final Chapter , Rescue ,
Robin of Sherwood , RoboCop 2 , RoboCop 3 ,
Rock 'n Roller , Rockman , Rod-Land ,
Rolling Thunder , R-Type , Run Baby Run ,
Salamander , Scooby Doo , Scuba Dive ,
Scumball , Shadow Dancer , Shadow Warriors ,
Shinobi , Silkworm ,
Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants , Skatin' USA ,
Star Wars 1 , Superkid In Space , Superkid ,
Three Weeks In Paradise , Universal Hero ,
Uridium , Venturama , Victory Road ,
Who Dares Wins 2 and Wonder Boy (PHEW!).
If you would like to be kept informed of any future updates, send us an email