So what's been happening here, then?
RSS feed and Email notifications
You can view a list of all of the updates to Tipshop here: 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
Saturday 31 December 2011
The last update of the year - Happy New Year when it comes!
- GoodBoy sent in a cheat for Wacky Races.
- Hippy Smith sent in POKEs for Agent Orange, Last Mission and Tomcat.
- TomCaT sent in updated tips for Viaje al Centro de la Tierra.
- Nyuzga sent in a map for Holiday In Sumaria.
- JP kindly supplied the type-in hack for Great Escape, The in TZX format as well as an updated version of Jon North's hack for Arkanoid.
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for Streets of Doom.
- Added maps for Agent Orange , Ceasefire , Coracle , Die Alien Slime ,
Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons , Johnny Chispas , Last Mission ,
Ninja Commando, Recovery, Rock 'n Roll , S.O.S. , Spy vs Spy , Tomcat and
- Added RZX Archive links for Buzzsaw+ (Foxton Locks Mix) , Escape from the Holy Tower ,
Inferno , Jet Set Willy 16K , Johnny Chispas and
Streets of Doom.
Wednesday 30 November 2011
Happy 16th Birthday, World of Spectrum!!
- Hippy Smith sent in a huge pile of POKEs (deep breath):
Confuzion, Cruising on Broadway, Desolator, Duet,
E-Motion, Final Matrix, The, Giant's Revenge,
Gift From The Gods, Helter Skelter, Impossible Mission II,
Incredible Shrinking Sphere, Intensity, Klimax, Komplex,
Krazy Kong, Leviathan, Madballs, Magnetron,
Marble Madness DeLuxe Edition, Marble Madness, Orion,
Parabola, Rasputin, Revolution, Rex Hard,
Rock 'n Roll, Rod-Land, Silent Shadow, Sophistry,
Spectres, Terra Cresta, Thing Bounces Back, Thrust,
Transversion, W.A.R. and Wizball.
- Mark R Jones has finally (a mere 24 years later) been credited with a map for Wizball that he did for Sinclair User. He also sent in tips for Dingo.
- JP supplied typo/OCR corrections and updated download for the Crash type-in hack for V as well as brand new hacks for Arkanoid - Revenge of Doh and a HUGE hack for Empire.
- Joefish (AKA Jason J. Railton) provided a tip for Buzzsaw+ (Foxton Locks Mix).
- Added maps for Demonslair, Krazy Kong, Leviathan, Millionaire,
Painter, 3D, Silent Shadow and Terra Cresta.
- Added RZX Archive links for Clopit!, Coracle, Flak, Krolewna Jebaczka, Metropolis 1 and
Monday 31 October 2011
Happy Halloween, SpookChums (groan! Ed)
- Fixed a corrupted ZIP file for the downloadable hack for Technician Ted: The Megamix. Thanks to Andy Ford for the heads-up.
- JP supplied corrections to the Arkanoid hack from YS Smash Tips to get it working (a mere 23 years later)
- Einar Saukas supplied a cheat for Buzzsaw+ (Foxton Locks Mix).
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for Bozxle, Space Disposal and Trabajo Basura.
- Added RZX Archive links for Action Biker , Bozxle , Dizzy Lord , Dr. Maddo ,
Roadrunner , Rock 'n' Roll , Space Disposal , Star Pilot ,
Stifflip & Co. , Trabajo Basura , Zodiac Strip and
Zodiac Strip 2.
- Added maps for Aknadach , Bozxle , Buzzsaw+ (Foxton Locks Mix) , Dizzy Lord ,
Frank N Stein Re-booted , Hijack , King Leonard , Klimax ,
Mozg Procesor , Parabola , Rasputin , Rebelstar - Search for the I.O.N Gun ,
Rex Hard , Rock 'n' Roll , Sophistry , Space Disposal and Trabajo Basura.
Sunday 02 October 2011
Guess who forgot to check his calendar?!
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for Horace Goes to the Tower.
- Added maps for Demon's Revenge , Diamond Mine ,
DragonBall: El Desafio del Doctor Gero , Eidolon, The ,
Final Matrix, The , Frank the Flea , Giant's Revenge ,
Gift From The Gods , Horace Goes to the Tower ,
Jack and the Beanstalk , Pedro na Ostrove Piratov ,
Pedro v Krajine Pyramid , Pedro v Strasidelnom Zamku ,
Reductio ad Nihilum , Thrust , Towdie and
Twilight: Krajina Tienov.
- Added RZX Archive links for 17.11.1989 , Bear A Grudge , Beerland , Belegost ,
BMX Simulator , Bomber , Crown of Ramhotep, The , Cvokarna ,
Diamond Mine , DragonBall: El Desafio del Doctor Gero , Exoter ,
Famous Five 1, The , Gimme Bright ,
Great Peepingham Train Robbery, The , Horace Goes to the Tower ,
Hyper Active , Pro PowerBoat Simulator , Reductio ad Nihilum ,
Saboteur 3 , Trudnaja Doroga and Upir.
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Just made it with this month's update - I hope!
- GoodBoy sent in a cheat for Beyond the Ice Palace.
- Lee Tonks sent in a solution and map for his own game, V - The Final Battle.
- Flavio M Matsumoto sent in POKEs for Gunfright and Vixen.
- Andy Ford sent in a greatly updated version of his tip for Urban Upstart.
- Bad Beard sent in POKEs and tips for Diamond Mine.
- G.A. sent in POKEs for Automania and Kokotoni Wilf.
- Added maps for Devils of the Deep , Fundamentally Loathsome ,
Impossible Mission II , Impossible Mission ,
Incredible Shrinking Sphere , Kapitoshka , Labyrinth 2 ,
Madballs , Magnetron , Pippo , Revolution , Rod-Land ,
Spy vs Spy II: The Island Caper , Thing Bounces Back ,
Wicker Woman, The and Wizball.
- Added RZX Archive links for Boulder Dash III , Dame de Monsoreau, La , Double Dash ,
Fundamentally Loathsome , Kapitoshka , Labyrinth 2 and Pippo.
Saturday 30 July 2011
I've been on holiday and other assorted Real-Life antics, so enjoy this ever-so-slightly tardy June (erm, July, Shirley?! Ed) update!
- Fixed an issue where there were about 50 duplicate RZX Archive links - oops!
- Theo sent in tips for Rex.
- Archie Robins sent in POKEs for Arena 3000, Base Invaders, BMX Jungle Bike, Dustman, Froot Loop, Kong's Revenge, Kosmic Pirate, Lorna, Night Stalker and Pluggit. He also sent in improved POKEs for Wizards Warriors, The.
- Jim Grimwood sent in POKEs for Bride of Frankenstein (which also work for Frankenstein Jnr.) and Last Sunset For Lattica. He's also been busy playing adventures, and has sent in a way of completing Beatle Quest using Einar Saukas' patch, corrections to the solutions for Shrewsbury Key and Wakemare, as well as POKEs, tips, solution and map for Prophecy, The.
- Sand [mayHem] sent in POKEs for Aahku al Rescate, Dusty Droid and the Garbage Gobblers, Fundamentally Loathsome and Join
- Andrew Hunt sent in 2 maps for Crusoe.
- Pavero sent in POKEs for Black Horse.
- Einar Saukas kindly sent an updated version of JP's patch for Mikie. He also put together a bugfix for Beatle Quest.
- JP sent in POKEs for Alien Syndrome.
- Roy Goodall kindly supplied corrections to his type-in hack for the +3 version of Thundercats.
- Added maps for 1942 , 1943 , Alter Ego , Apollo 11 ,
Back to the Future Part II , Back to the Future Part III ,
Beach-Head , Block Paint , Bride of Frankenstein ,
Cavern Fighter , Cisco Heat , Comeme , Confuzion ,
Cruising on Broadway , Crystal Castles , E-Motion ,
Enduro Racer , Equipo A, El , Fireman Fred , Frightmare ,
Gatecrasher , Ground Attack , Gulpman , Gun Law ,
Gunfright , Guppi , Helter Skelter , Heroes Compilation ,
Intensity , King Valley , Last Sunset For Lattica ,
Marble Madness DeLuxe Edition , Mickey Mouse , Pioneer ,
Poogaboo , Rally Driver , Rifle Range , Snowman, The ,
Sokoban Perfect , SOKO-BAN , Spectres , Spherical ,
Spy vs. Spy III: Arctic Antics , Stonkers , Transversion and
- Added RZX Archive links for A To Snad Ne ?! , Advanced Pinball Simulator , Alter Ego ,
Apaches , Balaclava , Circus , Cray 5 , Crusoe ,
Cyrus IS Chess , Earthlight , Guppi , Infestation ,
King Valley , Legend of Kyrandia , Live and Let Die ,
Lode Runner , Marbles of Wisdom , Mountain Stream ,
Sokoban Perfect , Something Happened ,
Stock Car Championship, 3D , Stock Cars II, 3D , Stodman ,
Strange Submarine , Talisman , Tuma 7 , Two Gun Turtle ,
Zabarachuda and ZX Othello.
Sunday 29 May 2011
Happy Birthday to us - Tipshop turns 10 today!!
- It's our 10th Anniversary today (or it is for the next hour or so! Ed). Unfortunately, we're not WoS so there's no big surprises or bonuses. Do feel free to suggest some, though!
- Jimmy sent in hacks for Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner.
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for Flynn's Adventure in Bombland.
- Sand[mHm] sent in POKEs for Alter Ego.
- Uro Sajko sent in complete solutions for Eurorun and Smrkci.
- Added maps for Amazing Rocketeer, The , Birds and the Bees, The , Bite the Dust ,
Blue Max , Bronx Street Cop , Bronx , Chopper Drop ,
Gregory Loses His Clock , I.C.U.P.S. , Retrobsesion ,
Sirwood and Whopper Chase.
- Added RZX Archive links for Cray 5 and Zabarachuda.
Saturday 30 April 2011
Lots of new maps this month - hurrah!
- After a few false starts, I've finally updated the Tip displaying perl script so that all Multiface POKEs listed contain a link to Lady Eklipse's fantastic .POK database of all POKEs on Tipshop. My grovelling apologies to Lady Eklipse for the frankly ridiculous length of time it has taken for me to do this!!
- Alberto Otero Mato sent in POKEs for Cray 5.
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for versions 1.0 and 1.1 of Sid Spanners 3: The Nuthouse.
- Added POKEs for Sid Spanners originally posted to WoS by Andy Ryals. Thanks to Digital Prawn for forwarding them on.
- TomCaT sent in tips for Viaje al Centro de la Tierra.
- Added maps for 100 km Race , Airborne Ranger , Aquaplane ,
BC's Quest for Tires , Blue Max , Captain Slog , Catwalk ,
Chiller , Cray 5 , Danger Mouse in Double Trouble ,
Factory Breakout , Fearless Frank ,
Flynn's Adventure in Bombland , Friday the 13th , Frodo ,
Handicap Golf , Hard Cheese , Havoc , I, of the Mask ,
Juggernaut , Lazy Jones , Mr. Wimpy , Rally Simulator ,
Sea Dragon , Sexy Black Jack , Sid Spanners 3: The Nuthouse ,
Sid Spanners 4: Timeloop , Spy Hunter , Super Mutt ,
Top Secret , World Cup Football and World Series Basketball.
- Added RZX Archive links for Australian Games , Autocrash , Butcher Hill , Captain Dynamo ,
Conan I , Danger Street , Dizzy , Earth Shaker ,
Fearless Frank , Flynn's Adventure in Bombland , Frodo ,
Go Bear Go! , Indiana Jones a Dobyvatele , Infernal Combustion ,
Mad Monastery , Merlin , M-Text , Real Ghostbusters, The ,
Reckless Rufus , Sea Dragon , Sid Spanners 3: The Nuthouse ,
Sid Spanners 4: Timeloop and Tinny.
Wednesday 30 March 2011
Since it's nearly Easter, I should make some egg-related pun, but instead I'll just focus on the maps, tips and yokes (groan! Ed)
- JP sent in a tip for Zombie Zombie as well as some patches to let it and Travel with Trashman and Terra Cresta work on later models of Speccy.
- TomCaT sent in a tip for Frankenstein 2000.
- Ben Rapier sent in a tip for Castle Master.
- GoodBoy sent in a cheat for Line of Fire and a tip for Rescate Atlantida.
- La_Sole sent in his adapted/updated version of Dorothy Millard's solution for the C64 version of Dark Sky over Paradise.
- Added a map for Sir Loin.
- Added RZX Archive links for Airborne Ranger , ATP Tour Simulator , Aven , Battle Ships ,
Battle Valley , Bullseye , Castle Spellerous ,
Draughts Genius , European 5-a-Side , Leader Board ,
Shadow Of The Unicorn , Sir Loin , Tomcat , Treasure Hunt ,
Tria , UFO: Enemy Unknown and Vesele Velikonoce.
Saturday 26 February 2011
A short month, and an update on time - unthinkable!
Monday 31 January 2011
Happy New Year! (A tad belated?! Ed) - that's what happens when you only do monthly updates
- Craig Daines sent in POKEs for Specventure.
- Jose Roberto sent in POKEs for RoboCop.
- JP sent in 128K compatibility fixes for Alien 8, Knight Lore, Pentagram and Underwurlde
- La_Sole sent in POKEs and a solution for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
- Mike_Myers sent in POKEs for Don Quijote (which I forgot to include last month!) and Manic Miner.
- Pavel Plíva sent in POKEs for Sid Spanners 2: The Slackening.
- sand[mHm] sent in POKEs for Sea Dragon.
- Added maps for Antics , Astronut , Axons , Benny Bunny: Monster Mansion ,
Benny Bunny: The Haunted Belltower , Cybernation ,
Dimension Omega , Ghost Castle , Sid Spanners 2: The Slackening ,
Slubberdegullion , Stamp Quest , Star Dragon and Times Of Lore.
- Added RZX Archive links for Agent Toast , Akce KGB , Bitva O Databazi , Druids Moon ,
Expedice , Greedy Gulch , Invincible Island ,
Karyssia: Queen of Diamonds , Kikstart 2 , Life-Term ,
Loads Of Midnight , Mystery of the Indus Valley ,
Neptune's Caverns , Phaeton , Poklad 2 ,
Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4, The ,
Sid Spanners 2: The Slackening , Skladacka , Smuggler's Cove ,
Stamp Quest , Thro' the Wall and Valecny Mesic.
If you would like to be kept informed of any future updates, send us an email